Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our 2001 SS EX Ody since August. A couple of weeks ago the keyless remote stopped working. Thinking it was the battery, that was the first thing I replaced. It still didn't respond so I used my husbands remote, no go either. The dealer said it was a simple reprogramming and to come down and they'd do it while I wait. Well 2 weeks and 4 visits to the dealer later, we have to leave it there so they can fix it. First they said they had to order a "multiplex" unit and then when I went back they said they had gotten the "wrong side" delivered so I had to go back. So there I sat for over 2 hours today with my 3 year old and 11 month old running wild. After 2 hours they come out and say "it's a wiring problem" they are going to keep the car. I got a loaner (Chevy Venture...yuck!) I just want my car back. After 3 month and only 5,000 miles I shouldn't have to have a "wiring problem" I am so disappointed!! The whole reason we bought a Honda was so it wouldn't be in the shop and here we already are!!

Has anyone ever heard of this? My husband says stuff like this only happens to him.

[This message has been edited by Lupo2000 (edited 12-12-2001).]

·
Registered
43 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lupo2000:

Has anyone ever heard of this? My husband says stuff like this only happens to him.
</font>
I thought stuff like this only happen to me.
(See my 3 day old ody problem in 2002 forum. You will feel much better.)
By any chance, am I the person you are referring to above!!

[This message has been edited by honda4 (edited 12-13-2001).]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Does that mean ya hafta, like, use the KEY?

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Two months ago my (new) keyless remote had a range of about 400'. Now it is only about 75'. Does the battery wear down that fast?

Maugham

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have to use the key! In a $27,000 car, you'd expect everything to work at least till the warranty runs out!!
You don't really know how you've become "remote addicted" until you don't have the darn thing and have to use the key.

W

·
0 Posts
Maugham said:
Two months ago my (new) keyless remote had a range of about 400'. Now it is only about 75'. Does the battery wear down that fast?

Maugham
I was just going to post the same thing. My month old remote doesn't have the range it did when new. Have you had to replace your battery yet? That CR2025 isn't nearly as easily found as the CR2032. Well, maybe I can shove a 2032 in there - it's only 0.7 mm thicker and the life will be longer. . .

Wayne Lim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Wayne Lim said:

I was just going to post the same thing. My month old remote doesn't have the range it did when new. Have you had to replace your battery yet? That CR2025 isn't nearly as easily found as the CR2032. Well, maybe I can shove a 2032 in there - it's only 0.7 mm thicker and the life will be longer. . .

Wayne Lim
Wayne, I replaced the battery with another CR2025 about a month ago and now its range is diminishing, too. Weird! For the amount of use the battery gets, one would expect a longer effective life. Let us know if you try the CR2032.

Regards,

Maugham¿

·
Registered
568 Posts
Maugham said:
Wayne, I replaced the battery with another CR2025 about a month ago and now its range is diminishing, too. Weird! For the amount of use the battery gets, one would expect a longer effective life. Let us know if you try the CR2032.

Regards,

Maugham¿
Did you check the old batter when you guys take it out? Did the old battery voltage drop that much?

W

·
0 Posts
bjk2001 said:

Did you check the old batter when you guys take it out? Did the old battery voltage drop that much?
I haven't changed mines yet. I never had the initial range that Maugham had. I probably had 200 feet max at the very beginning, down to about 100 feet now.

I have way too many keys on my keychain, and I have had something actuate as the keys were mashed together in my pocket. That probably has to do with getting fatter while refusing to wear any larger pants because of denial.:(

Wayne Lim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
bjk2001 said:

I did not check the voltage. I could do that next change - it would be best to check the voltage on a new battery when it goes in and then when it comes out.

Regards,

Maugham¿

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Make sure that one of the buttons on the remote is not stuck. I had to replace both the remotes under warranty when they started to exhibit "sticky button" syndrom. Sticky button will drain the lithium battery in no time.

Now a days, I always glance at the remote to verify that it is not stuck.

- Vikas

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having this problem now on my 2001 Odyssey. It's not the battery cause it's brand new & when the buttons are pressed they light up with no problem. Only this is that nothing is locking or unlocking. I press this many times & it finally works but this is not normal. What could be the problem & what's the fix?
I'm thinking maybe the brain is messed up or the range? But even when im right in front of my van it does not open like it should on the 1st press of the button.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts