Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone tell me how to adjust the kickdown cable and where it is exactly located(PIctures)? my 97 4 cyl. LX ody shifts irratically. it bangs in 2nd and 3rd gear mostly. thank you

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Trans are shifted by the ECM. No kickdown cables there oldtimer. :D
Is the fluid clean and Honda comaptible? Try cleaning the screens on the shift solenoids.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are various cables side by side. they are adjustable, but Do these have to do with shifting? Any manuals online for this model?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
1997 Odyssey LX said:
there are various cables side by side. they are adjustable, but Do these have to do with shifting? Any manuals online for this model?
The trans has only one cable, for selecting the gear. Don't touch it as it never needs adjusting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LX same as EX?

i know the 95-98 EX have 'Grade Logic' digital shift control. I own a LX which is a 4 cylinder. Is the setup the same as in the Ody EX version?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Well I dug out the shop manual as it appears I am getting senile and your question made me wonder. There is a "throttle control cable."
To check, get engine to idle speed, make sure throttle cable is adjusted and then make sure the "TCC" moves with the throttle cable.
From "FSM": note- you can tailor driver preferred shift points by tightening cable UP TO 2 mm shorter than synchronized.

:duh: :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
throttle cable

I did some research and i got the same info. it does have a throttle cable part number 24360-p1e003 what service manual are you using? OEM one?

I have to find one of those manuals (what is the best out there? I know ebay sells Honda OEM for $60 or so. Besides OEM, is Chiltons or Haynes good?), cause i am just getting to know how to work on this car. It is like going into a dark room with no flashlight. Completely lost! i appreciate your help:) your the best!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Re: throttle cable

1997 Odyssey LX said:
I did some research and i got the same info. it does have a throttle cable part number 24360-p1e003 what service manual are you using? OEM one?

I have to find one of those manuals (what is the best out there? I know ebay sells Honda OEM for $60 or so. Besides OEM, is Chiltons or Haynes good?), cause i am just getting to know how to work on this car. It is like going into a dark room with no flashlight. Completely lost! i appreciate your help:) your the best!
I have genuine factory shop manual. Found it in a small book shop "used auto books" section. Was brand new, somebody bought it with the van and never opened it. :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: throttle cable

mjody said:
I have genuine factory shop manual. Found it in a small book shop "used auto books" section. Was brand new, somebody bought it with the van and never opened it. :confused:
LUCKY GUY

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry to revive an older thread. I'm trying to adjust my Throttle control cable, and was wondering what "FSM" stands for. I don't have a manual yet. so I've been adjusting then driving, but my fear is adjusting it incorrectly and damaging the transmission. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts