Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my wife and I are getting ready to buy a Honda and she wanted me to post a question about which is better for interior... Leather or Fabric? This is our determining factor in choosing an Odyssey EX or Odyssey EX-L.

We have 4 kids ages 16,13,11,2 and one on the way.. we have a Toyota FJ Cruiser which has fluid repellant seating which is a god send when you have milk cups/bottles flying everywhere. I told her that i think we should get leather since it would be easier to clean if something spilled. She worries about damage from our dog and tears from kids.

I want the EX-L for easier cleaning.. plus side (which she could care less about) Heated seats, moonroof, power adjustable front seats etc.
the con to that is 3000.00 extra... for the L version.

She wants the EX for the fabric which she thinks is more durable for hauling around the dog and kids. Which doesn't make sense to me cause the dog doesn't ride on the seats anyway.
Her reasoning is its cheaper in the long run.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any and all help in this matter!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would definitely go with leather. I have five children and clean ups are much much easier than fabric. My concern is the dog, but you said he/she doesn't go on the seats anyway. If so, just put a blanket down.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

·
Registered
76 Posts
Leather is much easier to clean, whether it is kid or adult spills. I have a dog and fur sticks to fabric but not to leather seats. The only reason to not get leather is cost.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
The only reason to not get leather is cost.
Or that is either too cold during Winter or too sticky in Summer, my wife does not like leather for that reason, but kids needs overrule I'm afraid. If there were an EX-RES like in Canada, my wife would have gone for it, but she now greatly appreciates the power tailgate, specially with little kids and hands full of groceries and crap

·
Registered
81 Posts
Leather. Cleans up easier. I have a 6, 4, and almost 2 year old.

My EX-L has heated seats so everyone is comfy. :D

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No eating in our Ody, with kids its the only way to make it last, on the leather or fabric note ide stick with the fabric, its much more comfortable and cozy....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just updated from an EX to an EX-L mainly because of the DVD. My wife prefers fabric vs leather because of the heat, but we just tint the front seats to fight the heat. But as mentioned, leather is a lot easier to clean plus having back up camera, moon roof, power tailgate, are nice and convenient.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I could care less if they eat in my van. They clean up after themselves too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts