Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Would you be interested in a group buy of clear side markers from Klearz?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with Klearz to see if they would be interested in making some clear side markers for us. They're at SEMA right now, so emails are far and few in between, but what they said is basically this:
"Its outside of our target market but if we can get a group buy of 10 sets, its something we'd look into".
Their price point for other lenses they make varies pretty far, from $50-160 a pair, depending on complexity. Their Honda Accord pieces for inside the headlight are $60-65, so my guess would be it could be around there for just the lenses or $80-90 for the whole assemblies, but it's just my guess at this point.
I'm willing to organize a group buy with them if there's enough interest. Who else would be interested in a group buy and what would be an acceptable price for a mod like this?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a word from Klearz USA. They are more than willing to undertake this project. They just need some quick dimensions etc. I'll send those off sometime before the weekend is over.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some unfortunate news today. I'll have to look for another company to get these done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 On this. I'm interested... there's a guy on youtube who talks about how to make clear markers for other vehicles. I don't know how to get in contact with him though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
have a link? I'll find a way to contact him directly
Here's the guy's youtube video. FlyRyde. My guess is would probably have to send him a pair of OEMs which can be had easily on ebay to test with. The lens appears to be solid amber, so de-ambering is probably not an option and a new lens would have to be crafted or molded somehow. Not sure if this guy can do that or not.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've contacted another company that's semi-local to me and they're willing to undertake the project. I'll need to order an OEM set and send it to them to make the original mold for lenses and backers. With the cost of the mold I'd be looking at $1,000 for the first 10 sets. It would be $100/set if we only get 10 sets or will go down to $75/set if we get 20+ sets.

These would be complete housings, just pop your bulb in and you're ready to go. If you're interested in them at these prices - let me know. Also, let me know if you're interested in clear or smoked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've contacted another company that's semi-local to me and they're willing to undertake the project. I'll need to order an OEM set and send it to them to make the original mold for lenses and backers. With the cost of the mold I'd be looking at $1,000 for the first 10 sets. It would be $100/set if we only get 10 sets or will go down to $75/set if we get 20+ sets.

These would be complete housings, just pop your bulb in and you're ready to go. If you're interested in them at these prices - let me know. Also, let me know if you're interested in clear or smoked.
I'm in. Smoked would be better, but if only Clear, that's fine too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does anyone know if Passpot and Pilot use the same corner lights? We could potentially get the price lowered if those guys were in as well

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in. Smoked would be better, but if only Clear, that's fine too.
He is able to do both clear and and smoked. I'll order both once we know the quantities.
Does anyone know if Passpot and Pilot use the same corner lights? We could potentially get the price lowered if those guys were in as well
Quick Google search shows that they're different shape. The closest is 16-18 civic but the shape is different enough to where unfortunately they won't fit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
He is able to do both clear and and smoked. I'll order both once we know the quantities.

Quick Google search shows that they're different shape. The closest is 16-18 civic but the shape is different enough to where unfortunately they won't fit.
Yeah, I've tried matching it with a civic, since I also have clear sides on my Civic

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

Sign Me up for clear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts