Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 45 K miles 2007 Ody EXL with Entertainment and GPS. A few days ago when I turn on the ignition. A strange knocking noise (sounds like a seat belt solenoid is flipping on and off continuously)came on for about 30 seconds and then the knocking noise stopped. The noise seems to be coming from inside the rear right side panel next to the 3rd row folding seat. The car starts up OK and everything is functioning (including the sliding doors, power windows, all door locks and seat belts). The knocking noise reappears for 30 seconds each time when I start up the car since. The knocking noise comes on even when I turn the ignition key ON without starting the engine. I was wondering if other Ody owners have experienced similar noise issues. Any suggestions of what is causing the strange knocking noise.:confused:

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. My '06 odyssey is making the same noise mention in your posts. Did you found out what is causing the clicking noise? Any remedies to the problem you could share with us. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where u guys talking about the knocking noise on the passenger door? I have the same problem, and have taken the door apart at my friend's body shop, but found nothing was wrong. So put everything back and the knocking noise goes away, never heard it afterward.. guess there were something that was lose..

·
Registered
14 Posts
yep...I've experienced the same noise in the same area. I purchased an 06' EX-L from the original owner right at a year ago this week. About two weeks into ownership (@93k mi) I began hearing the "tapping/thumping" noise in the rear passenger, 3rd seat area. Sounded like it was coming from behind the plastic side molding just behind the upright 3rd row. It lasted about 30 seconds or so and then would stop, after an initial start up. It did this 10 times or so...but then stopped. It has not done that for the past year or so. I now have 109k on it. What HAS started though....an A/C problem. I started the same thread a year ago, but don't remember anyone else experincing it. Never did figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts