Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone know if the front knuckles from the '94-'97 Accords will fit our vans?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea (wish I would've thought of it sooner)

part number for one side is
51210-SX0-902 (don't recall if it's left or right).

Had a quick look at hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and it looks like v6 Accors from 95/96 will swap. I haven't gone through all of the various trim levels, years and options yet to check for other years but that's a good sign. Come to think of it, it may be related to the ABS rather than the engine type.....hmmm....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here's what Hondapartsnow.com has to say:

Genuine Honda KNUCKLE, L. FR. (ABS) Honda's Retail Price: $238.22
You Save: $65.52
Your Price: $172.70
Qty:

Honda Models:
ACCORD 4D 94-97 E2/V-6 E2 ODYSSEY 95-98

·
Registered
207 Posts
Horatio said:
Hi all, does anyone know if the front knuckles from the '94-'97 Accords will fit our vans?

Thanks,

Greg
Did you want to swap to 4x114.3 or something?

The Accord is hub-over rotor, by the way. Anytime you want to replace the brake rotors on the Accord, you have to replace the wheel bearings as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a 95 EX with the Hub over Rotor. You do not need to changed wheel bearings. It is still self contained. There is 4 bolts behind the hub that are usually frozen which you have to remove. Rotor slides out after and wheel bearing is fully intact.

There are kits that convert this setup to the traditional rotor.

·
Registered
207 Posts
BracedEunos said:
I have a 95 EX with the Hub over Rotor. You do not need to changed wheel bearings. It is still self contained. There is 4 bolts behind the hub that are usually frozen which you have to remove. Rotor slides out after and wheel bearing is fully intact.

There are kits that convert this setup to the traditional rotor.
On my room-mate's old '95 Accord, we had to press out the wheel bearing to get the rotor to come off. The hub had seized so badly to the housing, that it was necessary.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Knuckle Swapping - Accords?

toyomatt84 said:
Did you want to swap to 4x114.3 or something?

The Accord is hub-over rotor, by the way. Anytime you want to replace the brake rotors on the Accord, you have to replace the wheel bearings as well.
nope, keeping the stock setup, just looking for alternate sources for used knuckles. I'm going to replace the lower balljoints soon and I'm batting around the idea of doing this on a second set so I can sort out issues without taking the van out of commission in the meantime.

Greg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
daneli1 said:
Here's what Hondapartsnow.com has to say:

Genuine Honda KNUCKLE, L. FR. (ABS) Honda's Retail Price: $238.22
You Save: $65.52
Your Price: $172.70
Qty:

Honda Models: