Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use Krown rust proofing for my 2007 Odyssey.

Since the Odyssey 2007 EX-L already has some factory holes plugged with plastic, will Krown still drill holes when they are going to apply the rust proofing spray?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I lived in Montreal for 10 years.

So I have been through this issue of rust-proofing.
The best part is grease but this is messy.

Best is to do an inspection every Spring (around early May) and clean off all bottom chassis rust and spray a bit of lubricant on them.

Rust at the bottom of the door (front doors, sliding doors and tailgate) is from salt in the air and settling down in the door bottom. Some cities in the US now go away from salt and used only sand, so this helps.

If you are really particular about your car and if the Canadian city you are in uses salt, then in the Spring, some people remove the door inner panel (actually simple if you know what you are doing), clean it up and spray a bit of something like WD-40 or so.

HTH.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cnn. Right now its hard to find time to work on the car, so I don't think a DiY job is right for me at this time due to two small small kids.

I might just go for the Krown treatment in Markham.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Krown is good. They actually remove the tailights to get in the rear panels. Rustcheck never did that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
roadcarver said:
Should I fix the minor rust spots before krowning it? The minor spots are in the tail gate area, the rest of the van is spotless.
They spray the underbody and inner panels. Yours is surface rust which need to be attended to regardless.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got my 2007 EX-l 'Krowned'

I finally got my Odyssey Krowned at the Markham Laidlaw location.

Service was good, and I was able to see the vehicle being worked on.

They drilled additional holes so that the oil spray can reach the hard to reach places. I was always leary of this, but it had to be done.

The diamond kote module was a POS esp with their warranty with many clauses and restrictions. I got snake oiled into that one.

They also sprayed the rubber seals with silicon spray so that it will protect the rubber from the slight expansion. I did ask how fast will it react to the rubber if some of the oil does come in contact with it. They told me months and its best to take the time after all the oil has dripped out to wash with some soap the rubber area just to remove any excess oil that may have dripped from the drain holes.

Once they've completed the spraying process, they hand washed the car as well.

The van cost me $129+HST in Ontario for the Krowning.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Merged with OP's prior Krown thread for the 2007 Oddy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts