Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my 2011 EX-L at the dealership overnight on Tuesday for them to replace the battery and charge it on their machine (stated there was a new machine for the 2011 Ody) to fix the low battery warning (Which seems to have worked for now...). Problem is, when I got it back, now when I hit the door lock for the second time on the key fob it no longer honks the horn. Is this something that can be user changed or how can I fix it? Called Honda and service mgr said he didn't think it was user changeable and to bring it in.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Did you check the owner's manual on the topic? Perhaps its in there? It is not configurable in the prior gen EX-L afaik.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
No honk indicates it thinks one of the doors or hood is not closed completely. Any door showing open on the dash? if not check the hood switch.
Of coarse if under warrenty take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This happened with my other vehicle when some bodywork was done. They had forgotten to re-connect a wire (this happened twice actually!). Literally a 1 minute fix once I brought it in... not sure where the connection problem was though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Before, when I checked the manual, I checked all doors and they were shut. As soon as I get a chance I will go check the hood. They were testing for a parasitic draw and tested battery so it could be hood is open slightly.

Thanks and I will let you know.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Does the first time you press the button it locks all doors (audible clack) and the parking lights blink, right? Does the 2nd time you press the parking lights blink as well?

As stated earlier, doors will not lock at all if one of the doors or liftgate is not fully closed. I doubt it is the liftgate though, the EX-L and up automatically closes it tight if not firmly pushed at first

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I opened all doors and the hood and closed them. Still doesn't honk. The locks lock when I push the lock button the first and second times, but the lights do not flash. Taking into dealer now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to the manual the horn honks when the lock button is pressed on the key fob twice in a 5 second period. On the touring model there is a way to change the settings through info button. But nothing is listed in the manual to change your/my EX-L.

I'm envious of your "problem" because I hit the door lock button twice out of habit and would prefer not to have the horn sound.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
According to the manual the horn honks when the lock button is pressed on the key fob twice in a 5 second period. On the touring model there is a way to change the settings through info button. But nothing is listed in the manual to change your/my EX-L.

I'm envious of your "problem" because I hit the door lock button twice out of habit and would prefer not to have the horn sound.
I seriously hate the honk too. I much prefer Acura's beep.
I always seem to park the van at some odd angle with the sun light. I press the button to close the sliding doors and start walking away. Then a bit futher away, I press the lock button, since I didn't see the lights flash, so I press again giving me the beautiful HONK.
I wish you could queue up commands, like Close door and Lock.
I also wish the blinking was the hazards, not the parking lights. The mirror lights would be much more visible to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just happened 4/29/2012 on my 2005 Ody, that was serviced 3 days before. My fault, however. I released the hood latch to jump-start a Volvo,(which didn't need my help)
and didn't close hood tightly. Worked fine after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts