• 750+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many do you use a month (billing cycle)?

Just trying to determine if my family is on the phone too much. I don't know what is normal. Many of us have unlimted within a package. But it still gives you the details/total sometimes.

So this question is more about total use, not cost.

Land line out-going calls only. Local + Long distance + Foreign calls.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Probably about 90-120 minutes tops. I use my cell for all long distance, so the only outgoing calls are local, and only last a few minutes. Seems a shame to spend $35-$40/month for something that doesn't get more than 2 hours use.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Barely use our lane line but I keep it becasue I've got to young pre-teen girls who are starting to use the phone and I'll be damned if I'm getting them cell phones. Been considering something like Magicjack since our 'landline' is actually internet based already.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have A.T.&T. for my landline because I'm FORCED to use dial-up because I live so far out in the boonies. I, my wife and son all have pay as you go cell phones. My son is 16 and I can keep track of him and he is somewhat restricted. My wife uses the cell mostly in the Ody or when she is out. They have TracPhone. I have Net10 (10 cents a minute/5 cents for text messages) and use maybe 30 minutes a month. It is cheaper to call long distance with Net10/TracPhone than AT&T.

·
Registered
318 Posts
We're in a Verizon area without FIOS and must use a DSL line for internet. We still have a land line, as the DSL intermittently disconnects due to a Verizon issue and is not reliable enough for an internet-based phone line.

The land line is not often used, but is good for not depleting cell minutes on toll free and local calls when the occasion arises.

·
Registered
170 Posts
mine is definitely < 50 minutes in a month...

Most of them are telemarketers and my mother in-law calling the house instead of our cell phones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts