Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a 300 watt power inverter at costco for $30. I play dvds on my laptop all the time. A 14 inch screen is much larger and cheaper then a seperate video unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
I bought a 300 watt power inverter at costco for $30. I play dvds on my laptop all the time. A 14 inch screen is much larger and cheaper then a seperate video unit.</font>
This is exactly what I plan to do with my laptop. Do you have the brand name?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Portawattz 300 by statpower.

I have a sony laptop and sony does not offer this adapter. Only aftermarket adapters are available that cost around $100. These adapters are better in that you plug the power outlet directly into you computer. In my set up I have to use the factory power adapter in addition to the power inverter. What I wind up doing is converting 12 volts to 110 and back to 14. The aftermarket adapters convert 12 to 14 and the original factor adapter converts 110 to 14. For me the price differential was worth it. I can use the adapter to power pther devices as well. With the chance of power outages here in central ca I found that this was a cheap solution. Anyone who plans to travel on an airplane would be advised to buy one of the more expensive adapters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts