Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed their LCD monitor in the visor ? I have been thinking about it for several benefits:

-no need to find another location for the radio in order to put the screen in the dash
-won't cause as much car sickness when you look up rather then look down
-won't take my eyes totally off the road when I am looking at the screen

can anyone think of any disdvantage for installing the lcd monitor there ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not that it is not a neat idea, but you realize that this is a safety issue most especially if you have valuable cargo (Spouse & kids, if any).

Just my $0.02 cents.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I also think it is stupid to have it on the visor. Those people that have it there is for publicity and show only. Its purpose is to block the glare and definitely not for LCD location. You'll put all of your passenger in danger.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, forgot to mention, I plan to put the screen in the passenger side visor for my passenger to watch video or TV. I already have two other screens for the rear passenger, so I need to find a space to put one in front. I do not intend or plan to watch while I drive.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
can anyone think of any disdvantage for installing the lcd monitor there ?</font>
It depends if you want to retain the vanity mirror. If so you'll have to install the LCD screen to the side. The problem with that is the viewer won't be viewing it head on but to the side.

If you want my opinion - I say go for it! It'll be a very cool feature. Just be extra careful!!!

Check out www.streeteffectz.com

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
pcampbell_2000 said:
Can anyone tell me if it IS illegal to have an LCD in the passenger's visor?

Thanks!
Most laws I've seen deal with a screen within view of the driver while driving. A passenger side visor mounted screen can be seen but I'd submit the content on that screen can't be seen at such a wide angle of view nor could it be viewed while driving. Heck, enough people can't even see their passenger side mirror (ask me how I know) while driving.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Well, I wasn't sure about the laws in California! I think each state has its own laws for this (kinda like the window tint laws).

Plus, the original thread ended in 2001, so it was a little old to post in it.

I have never had a problem, yet... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts