Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed some leakage around the power steering pump, or at least on the engine-side of the hose coming from the power steering reservoir. My reservoir was not low on fluid so I assume it's very minor at this point. From the picture, can you tell what needs to be changed? Is it likely the hose or the pump? Thanks.

Edit - not sure how I uploaded the pic twice.

White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas
White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow that's incredible info. Pictures, part numbers. Lots of helpful people on here.

I assume I should suction out the fluid first to try to keep it from running everywhere?

Can I get at that 10MM nut (pink) with a racheting wrench?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I'll look at it visually to see what tool I can get in there with. I think I have a very small 10mm wrench along with a smaller 10mm racheting wrench.

But I'll also clean it up first and see if I can figure out what it's coming from.

I had an axle replaced by Honda around 3 years ago, and their service report indicated I should replace my PS pump because it was leaking. At that time I didn't see any evidence of leaking fluid. Now that I do I was worried it was the pump. Hopefully just those o-rings.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going to drive by dealer tomorrow so I'll stop in and get the o-rings and some PS fluid. Looks like it comes in 12 oz containers. Is that enough to refill the reservoir after changing these out? I suppose I can ask at the parts desk but figured someone here would know. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts