Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We replaced and seal the following areas to try to contain the oil leaks that we persistently see on our driveway.

1. Both rear O-rings for the camshaft caps.
2. Both VVT solenoid gaskets.
3. Oil filter housing gasket.

All of those places are not leaking and are dry.

We are still seeing oil dropping on our driveway.

Can someone suggest where the issue might be base on some pictures that we took. We cleaned the bottom of the Odyssey and drove about 30 miles before taking the pictures.

Thanks,

Leak area #1: This seems to be at the seam or the gasket area. Nothing is wet on top on either side of the gasket.

Leak area #2: O2 Sensor cable has oil, but everything is dried above. We only clean the bottom of the Odyssey and did not clean anything on top where it is dry.

Leak area #3: Oil pan area. We did were not able to clean this area. During the last dealership visit, we were told the oil pump seal was leaking. Could this be the issue?

Leak area #4: Minor weeping in the power steering area. We are not very concern about this unless, it is an easy fix.

Rear valve cover gasket seems to be good with no leak?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Most common source of oil leaks are the valve cover gaskets. Check there carefully.
It’s possible that what you think is oil may be power steering fluid.
You might want to consider replacing the PCV valve.

Reactions: btatbui2017

·
Registered
36 Posts
This sounds alot like my van. I did everything you did and added the valve covers too. Also checked the rear main seal by pulling the inspection cover off and it is not leaking. I don't have any leaks up high after my repairs but there is still drips on the driveway. I then ran across a crank shaft side bolts thread in a ridgeline forum. Did a little more digging and found the odyssey thread below. I have not been back under the van to verify yet but I would bet money this is my issue. I will get after it here soon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
262 Posts
That's the power steering rack all covered in fluid. I had a leak in my return line's hose clamps. It caused a mess along the frame by the driver's side. Would be relatively easy to identify the PS based on changes to the reservoir I would think.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think so. We did not go under the Odyssey for the past few weeks. We no longer have any oil leaking onto the drive way. That big oil leak came from the rear engine mount oil where the tear was. I would suspect that the oil pan is seeping and possibly with a low chance with the rack & pinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts