Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car through the car wash today and happened to have the sunshade open. When the power wash went over the top, I felt like I had been ever so slightly misted. I noticed it again during the power dry cycle.

After pulling out of the wash, I checked and the back passenger side of the sunroof does not come up flush with the metal. When I got home, I could actually see were the water was draining into the car.

I am not sure what the issue is with the leak, but you might have and not know it since the sunroof is designed with a track around it to funnel the water if any gets in. It was most likely that way at purchase and I just happened to get lucky to notice it.

Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my first maintenance on the van today and had them look at the sunroof. There is an adjustment for it and it is now up flush with the metal.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate all the posts on this subject. I bought my 2006 Ody Touring last summer and have noticed some water when parked on the drive way after a rain. I investigated this issue and decided to tackle it this weekend. I found that the rubber tubes have completely eroded away as it bends down and enter the frame of the A pillar on both the driver and passenger sides. I did not look at the back drains. Have not noticed any leaking in the back. The tubes are 1/2 inch. I decided to just run 1/4 inch tubbing thrugh the existing rubber tubing for ease of repair. Then I had to figure out how to reduce it from 1/2 down to 1/4. Had to go to the hardware store, in the plumbing department to get what I needed. Got clear vinyl tubing from the nipple to a 3/8 barb fitting with male 8mm threads. Then a 8mm coupler and a 1/4 inch threaded male fitting and a 1/8 barb fitting and connected it to the 1/4 inch tubing down the A piller. Tested it and worked great. Water only down on the floor by the wheel and no water in the cab!!!

Next is to pick up my ody at the dealership because of the power stering pump extended warranty!! Thanks so much for all your input. Lucio

·
Registered
2 Posts
the drain tubes often get clogged with debris from the fall (leaf material) or moss, in wetter climates. Poke a vacuum into the forward corners a couple times a year to ensure there is no build up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts