Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here had a problem with the windshield leaking?

I just noticed water had crept in under the seal across the roof and stained an area across the top of the windshield. Doesn't appear to have made it all the way inside, but a great place for rust to start.

I think I'll take preventative measures and hunt down a good sealant and bullet proof the top windshield gasket. We get a LOT of rain here in the PNW.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll take a bet you have a 2nd Gen EX. It's not the windshield it's actually where the roof rack connects to the roof drip channels. Common problem, if you do a search on the site you'll see the fix for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Greg.
Yup, did a search and mostly found problems with sun roofs, nothing on the rack leaking unless the end caps were gone.

However a few people thought it might be condensation. This might be the case sense it is in the area where people noticed it dripping.

Got it parked in the sun with the doors open right now, well see if it drys out.

The gasket along the roof doesn't seem to lay flat in spots and would easily leak. But maybe thats been taken into account in the design. Lots of schmeg in the corners, perhaps I'll clean that out in case it is a drain channel.

Looks ugly though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts