Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ody 07 EX-L lease is terminating in March 2011. I'm torn since:

(a) I had a power steering issue where the reservoir was replaced out of pocket, and rarely I do still feel the hard to steer symptom when stopped or reversing.

(b) I never had any shudder issues, but was part of the recall for
the two sw updates for the tranny

(c) TPMS light is occassionally turning on, at random times.

(d) Steering vibration at 110-120km/h on both all seasons and winter tires.

My buy back is $18k + taxes (HST) in Ontario. Question is should I stick with the vehicle at end as I know it's history?

Purchase the Odyssey with extended warranty?

Purchase another vehicle? ie. totally different brand like a Subaru Outback?

What would you do in my situation?

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 2010 is already exhibiting the stiffening power steering at parking lots. Amazing they haven't corrected this.

I still think its the best minivan out there. I want a Suburban but the lack of sliding doors is a killer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm a big lease and forget guy, so personally I've returned all of my leased vehicles with one singular exception: a '99 M3 that I kept and turned into my dedicated track car; I bought it out and leased a new daily driver.

My take on it is with cars getting more complex these days, the end of the warranty is not somewhere I'd like to be unless it's a car that I don't rely on every day.

When I'm ready for another toy, I'll probably buy it as I'll only use it on weekends and/or at the track.

But for our daily drivers, I lease 36-42 months and then return them.

BTW I'm a former Ontario guy (Oakville) but now am in the U.S. so I'm basing my comments on my knowledge of the leasing rules as I remember them back in Ontario from a few years ago...so if things have changed like the HST, then YMMV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts