Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone. I am curious what to expect when my wife's van arrives, and it is time to talk numbers. Can anyone give me insight? Here are the basics:
'02 EX-L RES dealer price $30,190
down payment cash $4-5,000
lease term 36 or 48 months

I am curious who else has leased, and (if you don't mind saying) how much your monthly payments are. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
22 Posts
We pick up our RP EXL-RES tomorrow, leased it. Paid MSRP.

48 Mo., 15,000 miles, 1st payment and title fees down, 6% tax rate. Initial payment $534, Monthly payment $464. I think the residual was 48% but would have to look to be sure. Not paying an acquisition fee.

I ranted about putting money down on a lease in another post. Your call, but I would use my down payment money elsewhere if you can swing the monthly on the lease without it.

------------------
2002 Redrock EXL-RES
2002 Explorer EB
A couple of bikes and feet that work too!

·
Registered
383 Posts
For a lease amount of $26,000 and $18,000 residual at 6% expect to pay $360-380 for 36 months.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Most of you will want to do a little better on the deal than ODYWhereRU did. OUCH!

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nwf_snake:
Most of you will want to do a little better on the deal than ODYWhereRU did. OUCH!</font>

Please advise your deal and how you obtained a lower payment W/O putting any money down. Tried Honda and every bank in town this was the best I could do. I'm in OH, not AL.

Signing soon, please let me know of a better deal.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think they are taking you on the residual value. Should be closer to 60% for a Honda, not 48%.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with nwf_snake. I did a simple lease compare and got in for $348/mth w/$5k down at msrp on a RES. I reran the numbers with zero down and still came out at roughly $450. So I can not imagine how ODYWhereRU came up to 530+.

P.S. Hit leasecompare.com for details.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So I can not imagine how ODYWhereRU came up to 530+.
[/B]</font>
Thanks for the note on leasecompare, I'll check it out. Note: $530 is the initial payment and includes title and registration fees for OH. Monthly payment is $465. Will see if I can do any better, have had no luck locally on getting below $465.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nwf_snake:
I think they are taking you on the residual value. Should be closer to 60% for a Honda, not 48%.</font>

Every bank in town was 48% as is, leasecompare.com suggested in this board.

Has anyone been successful negotiating a higher residual? I haven't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by loudd1:
...I reran the numbers with zero down and still came out at roughly $450. . . .
P.S. Hit leasecompare.com for details.
</font>
Thanks loudd1 for the tip. My deal is not that far off of this site. Differences are: my cost for mileage over 60,000 is only .10. Money factor .0025 and no dispostion fee. My $464 falls right in the middle of the lease compare numbers for 48 month leases.

Thanks for the tip on the site, was kind of worried after previous posts until I confirmed my suspicions with this site.

Don't see anyone negotiating on residuals around here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lease deal

Hello All, I may be able to get a Black EXL with DVD for $1000 down and $339 a month (lease). Do you think that's a good deal?:confused:

H

·
0 Posts
good deal? depends -

how many months? does the $1K down include any fees?

i just leased my car and the upfront money included tax, title, license, 1st payment, etc. basically negotiated a monthly payment and the deal was the deal. also negotiated a trade in amount but that was separate.

when leasing just be comfortable with the total amount you are paying: upfront + (monthly * # months). personally i think over 3 years you should pay about 45% of sticker and over 4 years about 55% of sticker. these depend on the auto of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts