Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! We're on the verge of purchasing a new 'o2 Oddyssey. Here's the $1,500 question. Is leather worth the extra money up front in terms of resaleability, say, 5 years from now? Just curious to hear anyone's opinion. Other than the single disadvantage of cost, I know there are several advantages to leather. It looks better, smells better, feels better in winter with the "bun warmer", resists my children's spills easier; did I forget any? I know I could fully rationalize the extra bucks if I felt that the car would be easier to sell (not as concerned about the extra $400 value so much as just getting rid of it effortlessly). I'm hoping to love the Honda and perhaps want to upgrade to new again in 4 to 6 years. Is the typical used minivan buyer going to lean more toward a leather EX vs. cloth? All other things being equal of course. Thanks in advance for your feedback! By the way, I'm already impressed with the website; I've gotten great prepurchase info from many of the letters

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Hi Jeremy,

Odys demand a premium in the used car market. Leather would just make the deal sweeter. I say get it. I know I would have if it was available for the 2001.

Oh, welcome to the site!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I got my '02 EXL-NAV, numerous dealers told me that leather was in great demand since this is the first year Honda has factory leather as an option (in fact the wait for leather was longer than without, at least in the midwest). People have been waiting for leather and the demand for Odys with leather appears to me more than those without, especially since Honda can only get a fixed amount of leather upholstry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts