Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Leather and Resaleability

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  viskha 
#1 ·
Greetings! We're on the verge of purchasing a new 'o2 Oddyssey. Here's the $1,500 question. Is leather worth the extra money up front in terms of resaleability, say, 5 years from now? Just curious to hear anyone's opinion. Other than the single disadvantage of cost, I know there are several advantages to leather. It looks better, smells better, feels better in winter with the "bun warmer", resists my children's spills easier; did I forget any? I know I could fully rationalize the extra bucks if I felt that the car would be easier to sell (not as concerned about the extra $400 value so much as just getting rid of it effortlessly). I'm hoping to love the Honda and perhaps want to upgrade to new again in 4 to 6 years. Is the typical used minivan buyer going to lean more toward a leather EX vs. cloth? All other things being equal of course. Thanks in advance for your feedback! By the way, I'm already impressed with the website; I've gotten great prepurchase info from many of the letters

Jeremy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.