Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 2002 EXL notice that the middle row seat arm rests are at different heights? On the driver's side, the LH is lower than the RH one. On the passanger side it is opposite. Could it just be my van?? Surely not.

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Funny you should mention that-my wife said the same thing right after one of our neighbors rugrats attacked the armrest while we were showing them out new van. I thought she was imagining things, but maybe the outer ones are just slightly higher than the innner ones-Ill get the level out this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got my GG EXL-RES today. The front passenger arm-rest looks like it runs downhill from back to front. I will be looking at it more closely, as well as the rest of the arm-rests, over the weekend.

[This message has been edited by jhojni (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Doh! CodePig is right. I'm so embarassed for not figuring that out. Think I'll go thaw some Swanson's HumblePie for dinner...

<s>Using a level and tape measure, I just measured the six armrests on my 2-day old EXL.

Each armrest is at a slightly different angle; no two are exactly the same. There is one inch difference in the end position between the lowest and highest armrest.

It is strange that in a vehicle where everything else seems precise and consistent there would be this much variation.</s>

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
A quick visual inspection showed that my armrests are uneven as well. HOWEVER, I also noticed that the seatbacks on the two seats were in different positions. I haven't messed with the seatbacks to see, but can this be the simple explanation for some of the quirkiness observed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts