Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EP EXL-NAV is due any day now. This is my first vehicle with leather interior. I was wondering what brand of leather cleaner and conditioner anyone would recommend or has has used?

------------------
Patiently Awaiting My '02 EP EXL-NAV
"Live your own life, for you will surely die your own death"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where can you buy Lexol???

------------------
2002 GG EX-L
1993 Ford F-150
1995 BMW 318I

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought it at the local auto supply place. Have also used it on my leather comfy-chair to nice effect.

Can you also use it on the dash and other non-leather surfaces like you can some of its competing products?

------------------
dMax
'02 GG EX-L w/fog lights

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can get Lexol online at

www.eastwoodcompany.com

great stuff. I've never tried it on dashboards etc.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have used a leather cleaner/conditioner available at Danier Leather (clothing store) on my '97 Volvo and after 5 years,2 small kids and a dog, it still looks brand new. I use it 2-3 times a year. I plan to use it on my '02 EXL, when it arrives...

·
Registered
62 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ody_is_it:
Where can you buy Lexol???

</font>
I bought Lexol at a shoe repair shop. They told me that it was the best!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lexol is definitely the way to go. Be careful, there are three different products: (1) a leather preservative (brown bottle), (2) a leather cleaner (orange bottle), and a vinyl preservative (blue bottle). You probably want the leather preservative for your needs unless you have lots of ground in dirt or stains.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would seem that Lexol is the preferred leather care product. My next question is how often should I use it? The directions do not say.

------------------
Patiently Awaiting My '02 EP EXL-NAV
"Live your own life, for you will surely die your own death"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ditto, how often do you use it and what do you use for cleaning the DVD screen, it is something special?

·
Registered
169 Posts
leather care.

Just wondering has anyone used Connely leather hide food. I have seen this stuff used on Some BMW or Mercades. But I'm not sure if this stuff is any good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love Griot's Leather Rejuvinator and Leather Care and use nothing else.

I have been using the same bottles for about 2 years now!

They even suggest using thin mutliple layers as opposed to 1 thick layer. It makes the car smell good too.

I bought their blue foam applicators and have never washed them. I keep them in a ziploc and the oils stay and get reused.

Like others I have tried MANY products and only use this now. I bought 16oz. of the Care and 8oz. of the rejuvinator.

Griots Leather Products

:cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
How about Zaino leather cleaner, conditioner?

I have used Zaino, anyone have any comments on that? I am not brand loyal, but it seems to do the job. It puts a leather smell on the seats, I could do without that smell but the smell seems to fade so I don't have a great objection.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
moose, yes, Zaino works very well.....I like the fact that it leaves a satin, not shiny finish. Smells like leather, too. Lexol would be my second choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Leatherique is my treatment of choice now!

I have used many leather treatments over the years, including; Lexol, Griot's and even a product called Bick's #4 found at tack and bridle shops around town. While they all are fine products, leatherique is the only one I have found that actually softens hard leather. We all know that leather is a natural product and variations in its thickness and grain are common. The front passenger seat in my Ody seemed to be quite a bit more stiff than the other seats so I tried Griot's products. Yes, they did make the van smell sorta like a chamois, but did not soften the seat.

So I turned to the Mercedes Club site and found that leatherique was the cure for my seat. Patience is key with this product, you have to apply, let bake and then reapply. It does not take much product, just patience. After a week or so, all seats are equally soft. If you would like more info on this fine product see:

http://www.leatherique.com/

By the way, the silicone-based products (ArmorAll, EagleOne, etc.) do nothing more than clog the pores of the leather with silicone, making the surface of the leather feel smooth and not providing moisture to the full grain. I have a buddy with a Ford P/U who has been bragging about the "leather cream" they put on his seats at the car wash. His seats are now smooth and cracked! :cool:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Someone here who works for a leather treatment facility recommended 10 parts water with 1 part Simple Green to clean the leather. Then use Lexol conditioner after. I've done this in our Ody, and it works!

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my boating experience, this product is fantastic. For any of you who might also be avid boaters, you know as well as I that we do NOT want something like armour all on our vinyl. Enter this product: it is primarily mink oil. Although the link below focuses primarily on vinyl, those who advocate natural products over synthetics will easily recognize why this is a fantastic product for leather.

http://www.nauticalease.com/products/vinyl.htm

FYI - I have no affiliation with that company - just an enthusiast of their products for marine use, and this one happens to be awesome on leather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just used Leatherique for the 2nd time and actually followed the directions this time. I was amazed at how well it worked and strongly recommend it. It's a two part (solution) process - 1st one can be sprayed on, and left in the sun to soak in and clean....2nd one is put on a cloth and wiped on. This removes the dirt. Works great!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts