Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are on a waiting list for a RRP EX-L in Southern California. She spoke to a couple of local dealers to check if they are still gouging people for over MSRP around the SF Bay Area (they are) and one of the dealers said that leather EX models are not coming in because of supply problems from the factory.

Has anyone else heard this?

Mark

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, generally leather has been harder to get. When I got my van, the salesman told me that the majority or prospective customers want one of the EX-L models, but the majority of Odysseys produced are LX or EX (no leather) models. That is why you will see a greater mark-up on EX-Ls than LXs or EXs. There has been a general rumor that Honda decreases production during the holiday season, and also that they have a limited supply of leather at the present time. Not sure if either rumor is really true however. Redrock Pearl is a more difficult color to get also, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have a month or two wait minimum, unless somebody in the line ahead of you backs out.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
67 Posts
What I heard from the dealer is that EX-L/L-RES/L-NAV are hard to get. About 4 out of 15 a month in the dealer. Then maybe one EXL-NAV, one EXL-RES, and two EXL a month, compared to 11 EX/LX. He did not mention the supply problem, though.
BTW, when we got on the list in September, LX was the hardest one to get. He said just 2 out of 15.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up my RRP EX cloth last night. The dealer says the EX with cloth interiors are plentiful because they based current production on last years sales. They didn't make leather last year and had no data to project from.

PS - gotta change my handle now. Not waiting anymore: proud owner of a brand new 2002 RRP EX!

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts