Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with our dealer. We've had an 02 EP EX-L on order with them since June. Just got word that they finally placed our order with Honda for their October allotment. My rep said that the leather models weren't available to be ordered for their September allotment.

We're still waiting on the order "acknowledgement" but our rep did fax me a copy of their order printout from the Hondanet system.

This contradicts what I've read elsewhere, that the higher-end models seemed to be scheduled for the first delivery...

The closer we get, the harder the wait!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, my dealer showed me the sheet they got from Honda--and my EXL-RES was on it.

It's been built already by now.

Do remember, car dealers are generally a skanky bunch. Unless you know the guy very well, don't trust a word he says. He's saying things to soothe you over so you don't have a fit about not being able to get a leather model as soon as you'd like, either because of dealer screwups or whatever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, I've already pretty much decided that they back-burnered me because I locked them in AT MSRP a long time ago and now they know/think they can get a lot more than MSRP so they opted to bring those cars in first (to get the higher margin in earlier).

Oh well. At least I know they've ordered it now and will keep hounding them for the VIN. Once I get the VIN, then I know that everything's essentially out of the dealer's hands.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am scheduled to get my EX-L mid next week. Mind you I am only 30 minutes south of the Odyssey plant here in Ontario.

But suffice to say the EX-Ls are off and running. You dealer probably means HE did not order any in his September alotment.

P

·
0 Posts
lifer, who'd you order from?

Our dealer hasn't said anything like that (Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano). But they did say to expect it in October, but I think our van has already been built and is hopefully strapped to the back of some semi. (probably not tho!).

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle
[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 08-30-2001).]

P

·
0 Posts
oh yeahhhh.

I was going to say that if you'd ordered from Cush, I wouldn't expect much. I've heard they're pretty slimy and they also weren't too nice on the phone when we were shopping around.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
234 Posts
I also have an order for an 02 EX Nav SS from Weseloh in San Juan Capistrano and was told to expect delivery in the first week of October. They did not provide me with a build date, and no VIN yet. I originally put a deposit on the car on June 18th, then decided to wait for the 02 model. I plan to check with the salesman this weekend.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
lifer, who'd you order from?

Our dealer hasn't said anything like that (Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano). But they did say to expect it in October, but I think our van has already been built and is hopefully strapped to the back of some semi. (probably not tho!).

Michelle

</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts