Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my new '01 GG EX on Monday. I discovered this site earlier today and I must have spend over 6-7 hours here already.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they paid for leather seats and or the entertainment unit installed by the dealer. I was quoted $1995 for each. I am not adventurous enough to attempt to install the leather kit or entertainment unit myself, but I would consider buying it/them and having a local shop install it/them.
Thanks in advance and thanks for posting all the information I have been soaking up in the last few hours.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For leather interior, you can have your local Classic Soft Trim do it for ~$1,400 or less if you can't get the dealer to lower their price. You can check http://www.classicsofttrim.com/ for a location near you and see a sample Odyssey installation.

------------------
MarioB
'01 DEP EX

·
Registered
331 Posts
I don't have either but IIRC $1300-1400 is ballpark for leather and entertainment units are all over the place but I would think $1500 max for a drop down screen and VCP system.
Anyone with more definite answers?

Good Luck

Robert

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
We paid $1350 for the leather and $1500 for the video system, both through the dealer. The almost $2000 sounds high for each.

FYI--I read a post at Edmunds, prior to coming to this forum, that talked about calling a local classic soft trim "dealer" to get a price quote. The trick is to tell them that you already have the vehicle. I forgot to do that and it turned out they wouldn't give me a price because they had a contract with the dealer from which we had planned to purchasing. Anyway, through my discussions with the classic soft trim "dealer" I at least heard that the $2500 price through that particular Honda dealer had some margin.

As for other possibilities for the video system, make sure to check out the video system threads. There is lots of good stuff, from complete DIY to dealer-installed systems.

Good Luck!

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much to everyone for their input. I just did the paperwork at the dealership today and I was able to get the leather, entertainment unit, mud guards, cassette player and steering wheel wrap for $3200 installed. So I got the 3 year warranty and the installation on the accessories for what seems like a reasonable price.
The entertainment unit is an Audiovox system w/ VCP, TV tuner, inputs for DVD, ps2, etc and 2 wireless headphones. I believe it is a 6.4 screen.
Again, it helped tremendously that I walked into the dealership armed with all the information and pricing from this board.

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That audivox unit you are purchasing is $1150 installed at circuit city. You can get leather for $11-1200 at many aftermarket places. The cassette deck is 125 at handa and the mud flaps are $60. You are pay full boat retail for these items DO NOT ACCEPT THE AUDIOVOX UNIT. this is not a factory unit and they are charging you for a factory unit. Honda makes an IVES system available for 1400 at handa. If you can get them to install this unit I would. Your extended warranty will only cover the Honda unit not the audiovox unit. Also why are you getting a three year warranty. The factory warranty is 3year already. Are you just paying for a little extra mileage. Look at the warranty page a 5 year 100k Honda warranty is less than $900. Sorry to be laying all this on you but I the arrogance of Honda dealers. Read all of the video posts and warranty posts and you will get a sense for what I am saying. You are paying top dollar for your Honda please make sure that you are getting the appropriate items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts