Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I was wondering if any one else experienced problem with there seats. I got 4 month old 2019 odyssey EX that I bought new and the seats already showing signs of overuse like pressure marks, folds and creases. I’m wondering if this is something that’s cover under warranty, which probably isn’t since it’s not really a defect yet, and how you guys deal with and maintenance leather in your vehicles.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Hi
Those crease at only four months is a defect and should be replaced.
Bawhaha! Seriously? You would get laughed out of the dealership. This is completely normal for leather and there isn't anything you can do to stop this other than park it and never drive it. This is a daily driver vehicle and not a show piece. Regular cleaning/conditioning product will slow the process by keeping the leather moisturized (as well as lessen how much it is noticed by keeping dirt out of the creases), but nothing will completely prevent it over time. Drive the van, enjoy, and understand that no part of the car will stay looking new forever.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don’t recall if it’s real or synthetic leather but if real, an occasional leather cleaner followed by a conditioner might reduce those lines and extend longevity of the material. Sometimes those lines are more visible due to dirt/grime that just needs to be cleaned.
If synthetic might want to consider seat covers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A dealer will push for determining clothing (jeans), driver weight, weather, where parked (garage/outside), signs of water damage, mileage, and a bunch of other things.
Since it is the leather portion (the rest is plastic), you can - and should - do what people recommend. Leather cleaner, conditioner, etc.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Those are aging wrinkles! Get some leather conditioner and apply. They all do this. Do your leather shoes look like new for years? Lol. No they get broken in with creases and flexing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
My driver seat creased and had strange deep ridges to form like that after two months. My dealer service department found the seat leather backing was defective which caused the exterior portion, which is the leather, to be applied incorrectly. They gladly replaced it. After a year and two months my leather seats all still look brand new. And NO. I wasn't laughed out of the dealership. It was corrected and apologies given.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GoNavy99

The driver seat bottom was replaced by the dealer service department for being defective due to linear creases caused by the backing on the leather cover. No laughter and no arguments. The service manager said it was defective.

You accept what you feel you're willing to accept on your vehicle and I'll have mine corrected by Honda when it's defective. .....because .....it's mine. I paid cash for it. Not anyone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts