Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Honda Odyssey EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anybody is running LEDs for headlights. I had a set for my Fiesta ST that had an adjustable 'cutoff' despite having a normal reflector bowl. Just wondering if anybody found some that worked about the same.

Couple pictures of the lighting from that car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have run various LED lights in ours for years and they all seemed to work well. I found the halogens to be way too dim, I don't know if its the design of the reflector but the factory bulbs were terrible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking to see if anybody is running LEDs for headlights. I had a set for my Fiesta ST that had an adjustable 'cutoff' despite having a normal reflector bowl. Just wondering if anybody found some that worked about the same.

If anyone has numbers on LEDs and other light enhancements, can you please post. TIA, Ed in NJ.

·
Registered
'07 Honda Odyssey EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have run various LED lights in ours for years and they all seemed to work well. I found the halogens to be way too dim, I don't know if its the design of the reflector but the factory bulbs were terrible.
I'm just trying to find something that won't blind people in front of me. I really don't want to be 'that guy'.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You will see much discussion on every forum including this one. Many ignore the "blinding" part and try to rationalize. There are also some cool videos here and yt that show how to change the housing if you really want to put better lighting. At least all the newer models have it, just too bad for us. A week back I have met some friends parents who casually complain (with age their eyes are not so good right?) about the blinding part, only to realize that the car they are driving was modded by their kids to do the same thing. Might look cool but when it happens to you is when that counts or makes sense. That was priceless.

Yep, I also tried my share and undid (many posts here). Its the old/traditional housing we have. Currently use those 9012s which are better than OEMs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm just trying to find something that won't blind people in front of me. I really don't want to be 'that guy'.
Hi, I agree. I dont want to be that guy. I am in the process of upgrading/restoring the suspension on my 2005. In doing that the headlights are moving up and therefore I'll need to adjust them as the new suspension settles. In doing the adjustments I'd like to increase the range and brightness of the lights. Be aware that the new adjustments on the brighter bulbs will allow me to point further down and off set them from the view of oncoming traffic. This will defer glare and still give me the greater range of view, especially along the shoulder of the road. Ed in NJ

·
Registered
40 Posts
Recently replaced the low beam headlights in our 2006 Ody with 155k miles. After 16 years still going on the original headlights (!!!) and they were getting dim and yellow. The ones I went with were from Amazon, "Fastato" brand. Box says Series F1, model 9006/HB4. About $30 so we'll see how they hold up. One issue was the supplied o-ring is on the small side and they rattle around in the plastic headlight housing. Thinking that moisture intrusion in the headlight housing would probably not be a good thing, I replaced th
e o-ring with a high temp nitrile o-ring size "113" and that made it fit much better. Wow! Huge difference, nice white light, noticing all kinds of new things at night like... stop signs... lines on the road... pedestrians...!

These lights don't have any active cooling and after 30 minutes the aluminum heatsink was about 150F. We'll see how they hold up.

Automotive tire Font Gadget Automotive lighting Audio equipment

·
Registered
234 Posts
After I bought my 2006 EEX-L, the first thing was replacing dim halogens with LED. Bought it from Amazon, was 50% but it is a cheap LED, 6000K color temperature that is not my favorite; I prefer 4300K. Beam pattern are fine not great, will not blind anyone. It is noticeably brighter than factory halogen but I like it brighter. It has been about three years now.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Wow that light is a little blue. I replaced my headlights with LED bulbs and I'm very pleased with the light these LEDs put out. They are much brighter...with a neutral white rather than the obnoxious blue-white bulbs from other makers, and they reach out farther with better clarity. The beam pattern from the LEDs is very tight to the front of the car. These LED bulbs I bought from AUXITO, I would not recommend anything past 6500K since it moves to a bluer color scale. FYI
Hood Automotive lighting Fender Windscreen wiper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was using the 9012 upgrade but, while brighter, I wanted a whiter light vs the yellowish from a standard bulb. I'm using this brand for high/low and fogs. The 360 degree adjustable socket allows you to turn them once installed to achieve the proper cut off.

Lasfit on Amazon

I think part of the problem too is that when people swap to LED's they don't realign their headlights properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts