Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I appreciate you taking the time to respond with valuable advice. This is a new-to-me 2008 Odyssey. When I buy a new car, I always do a few things immediately: make a spare key, change the oil, change the headlights, and check for obvious defects. I'm finding a few problems that I'm searching other threads for answers: parking sensors warning on, want to change trans fluid, cleaning the leather, fixing the DVD error message, and figuring out the right air pressure for tires.

The 9012 is pretty good... about a 5-6 on a scale of 10. I'm looking forward to testing the other side to see if it is brighter and this side with a 2nd HIR bulb to see if it might be related to one bulb.

·
Vendor
203 Posts
Hi there,

If you order an LED kit, that is specified for a specific year, make and model, the installation will be plug-and-play.
I cannot speak specifically of Kensun LED conversion kits, as we do not carry products by this brand. However, you can compare the specs with one of the kits we offer:
Lumen® - G7S LED Headlight Conversion Kit at CARiD
As for the flickering, LED kits feature built-in load resistors along with the CAN-bus module. This module ensures error-free operation.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just replaced my bulbs with Akarui LED's. I noticed the lights were very dim, as I have the original 18 1/2 year old lenses. I used a Mothers Nulens kit to sand and polish the lens. They really have come up like new...they look fantastic (and the van doesn't look so dated). Then I started researching LEDs. The Akarui rated well. Ordered them on Amazon for about $65. I had to enlarge the OEM dust cover bulb opening, but it was easy as there's a fold in the molding that exactly fits the new bulb fins (they have cooling fins that are each cooled with an electric fan...it just runs off the original headlight circuit). Other than that, it was basically plug and play. I was initially concerned as we have mandatory daytime running lights up here in the great white north, and the Akarui box didn't mention if their bulbs were compatible. I'm happy to tell you they are...and they are TOTALLY awesome...so far! They are MUCH more effective than OEM, and look totally cool on the van. They are supposed to last 50000 hours so...we'll see. I recommend them so far...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts