Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed LED lights in the van on the weekend. Should have done this many years ago (just like the HID headlights).

Bought from DealExtreme.com (in China) and shipping was free and discount code RFD3OFF gave a free USB card reader (very handy as I don’t need to plug the whole camera into computer – just the memory card now). Shipping took 3 to 4 weeks though.

2 Front Map Lights – 2 X #35725 $13.38 USD a pair

4 Dome Lights – 4 X #51002 (39mm) $2.70 USD each

1 Trunk Area Light – 1 X #51109 (36mm) $2.20 USD each

1 Licence Plate Light – 1 X #34608 $3.13 USD pair

I bought some extras as spares and total price was $30 USD!! Also did my other vehicle for $20 USD.

Pictures below (apologize for poor quality).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might get this as well. THANKS FOR INCLUDING THE REFERENCES to help me order. One question - the brightness is comparable to the stock ones? Better, worse?

Also, another question - the HIS lamps, where did you get them from? If also DE, can you tell me the referenec number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For brightness, think of the OEM interior bulbs as orange in colour and the LED bulbs are white. You should pinich the connectors a little bit closer on the van for a snug fit when you install the LEDs as they are slightly narrower than the original incandescents.

For the HID bulbs, I have Apexcone H4 55W Bi-Xenon 5000K (with lifetime warranty) from DDM Tuning in the USA. Search on HID and projectors to see if this is for you. I have used them in stock housings for 2+ years now. The Odyssey housings are not bad for glare as some vehicles IMO. I keep the lenses polished and the headlights aimed. Again, I should have done this mod years ago and will not go back to halogens. I did a small rewire to activate the DRL feature for inspections here where I live.

Other mods you may be interested in are switching the antenna to a short one like the Civic Hybrid or switching the rear wiper to a 2005 version. Refinements to be made IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply! But the... apparent brightness, given the color, is good, right? My oldest likes to read so it must at least be possible for him to read.

HIS would be GREAT, will research it (worried about the costs, also getting a bike hitch so budget low now).

I have a 2004 - what's the change regarding the rear wiper accomplishing?

Whip antenna - never bothered me to be honest. (sure, looks a bit retro!)

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will most defintely be bright enough to read for your son. The LED bulbs have 6 LEDs in each one. My kids thought the LEDs were pretty cool and reminds them of a "spaceship ride".

I use a 5-bike goose neck type bike rack mounted to a 2" trailer hitch. Wobbles a bit so I need to maybe add a weld or 2 to firm up the sway fully loaded.

The rear wiper just has a nut to undo to install the wiper arm. The nut is under the protective cap at the elbow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed LED lights in the van on the weekend. Should have done this many years ago (just like the HID headlights).

Bought from DealExtreme.com (in China) and shipping was free and discount code RFD3OFF gave a free USB card reader (very handy as I don’t need to plug the whole camera into computer – just the memory card now). Shipping took 3 to 4 weeks though.

2 Front Map Lights – 2 X #35725 $13.38 USD a pair

4 Dome Lights – 4 X #51002 (39mm) $2.70 USD each

1 Trunk Area Light – 1 X #51109 (36mm) $2.20 USD each

1 Licence Plate Light – 1 X #34608 $3.13 USD pair

I bought some extras as spares and total price was $30 USD!! Also did my other vehicle for $20 USD.

Pictures below (apologize for poor quality).
Hi, what site did you bought you led light?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealextreme.com. Use the part numbers he gives.

Yesterday, my LED lights arrived. Took a bit long, but this was expected.

Installation is very easy, although the dome lights do not fit very well (they are smaller) and you have to clamp the metal holders so they stay in place and not loose contact.

But anyway, WONDERFUL, the interior has much more light and it's good to know nothing will happen if the kids leave a light on.

The plate light, I didn't how it looks (not as bright as the incandescent) and there is not risk of them staying on, so I left the old light and would recommend not buying this.

Besides the LED lamps, bought a bunch of stuff for the kids and home and enjoying it. Will probably buy more as well - LED light bulbs - for the home - are cheap here and I am happy with the ones I ordered. Not brand name quality but at one sixth the price, the light that comes out is the same, so it's ok for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought some from a dealer I found on ebay, in the USA -- He has a Odyssey and listed the same part numbers as you did, but my back 4 cargo area lights are 44MM. I have a 2003 Odyssey. Which you would think 99-04 would all be the same, but the 36 inch ones did not even touch the terminals. Just a FYI.

Also - does anyone have a master list of all the size bulbs I would need, (just for the dash lights etc - not all interior bulbs) I know there are the main dash cluster, clock, ac control, fan blower switch, rear ac/heat switch, rear doors, CC, etc... Are they all different sizes?? How many bulbs for each?

Thanks!

van.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
reggaepoo
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing