Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a little disappointed in the aged look of the yellow interior lighting. Was hoping at least they would have upgraded it for the elite trim. I have seen eBay kits show up for the '18 Ody. Has anyone tried these or are thinking of installing them? I had a mini before where the previous owner put them in, looked great but two of the lights would often flash on and off and was quite annoying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put them in my '12 Outback, and although they weren't as bright, I think it was a definite improvement over the yellow incandescents. I'll be picking up my Elite in a few days so I'll judge later on the importance of changing out those bulbs. This kit looks promising 15 x White LED Interior Bulbs Lights Package Kit For 2018 Honda Odyssey | eBay but I'd almost prefer 5000K instead of the 6000K they're advertising it as.

I never had a problem with the interior LEDs on the Subaru, but I also put some in the headlight housing for the DRL and marker lights and those pretty much all flashed. Incredibly annoying. It was either a case of getting what I paid for, or the Subaru was sending a lower voltage to those bulbs. I swapped them back out and never really looked into it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put them in my '12 Outback, and although they weren't as bright, I think it was a definite improvement over the yellow incandescents. I'll be picking up my Elite in a few days so I'll judge later on the importance of changing out those bulbs. This kit looks promising 15 x White LED Interior Bulbs Lights Package Kit For 2018 Honda Odyssey | eBay but I'd almost prefer 5000K instead of the 6000K they're advertising it as.

I never had a problem with the interior LEDs on the Subaru, but I also put some in the headlight housing for the DRL and marker lights and those pretty much all flashed. Incredibly annoying. It was either a case of getting what I paid for, or the Subaru was sending a lower voltage to those bulbs. I swapped them back out and never really looked into it.
Yep that's what I was looking at. Found it weird seller didn't include bulbs for the light under the front doors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Putting this back at top. I don't trust the eBay one above. Does anyone know what lights are needed so that I can buy separately and install? I have an '18 elite if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Putting this back at top. I don't trust the eBay one above. Does anyone know what lights are needed so that I can buy separately and install? I have an '18 elite if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.
I just checked the map lights, assuming they're all the same, you'd need 6 of the t10 wedge base lights like 194 or 168 or w5w or whatever the name is. I haven't checked the other interior lights.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've done these cheap ($10-20) eBay interior LED light upgrade on other cars (Acura) and found them to be lacking in overall finesse. Yes they shine white and bright but sometimes it feels too bright in some areas and just plain uncomfortable. I had them installed in the vanity mirrors and couldn't wait to get them off. It really hurts to look at the mirror with the LED lights shining so bright directly into your eyes. I have also found them to be cheap ghetto looking at times. The OEM lights are far better for user comfort, (but I agree they look old). The OEM LED interior lights in some cars don't seem to have the glare I've seen with cheap eBay ones.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've done these cheap ($10-20) eBay interior LED light upgrade on other cars (Acura) and found them to be lacking in overall finesse. Yes they shine white and bright but sometimes it feels too bright in some areas and just plain uncomfortable. I had them installed in the vanity mirrors and couldn't wait to get them off. It really hurts to look at the mirror with the LED lights shining so bright directly into your eyes. I have also found them to be cheap ghetto looking at times. The OEM lights are far better for user comfort, (but I agree they look old). The OEM LED interior lights in some cars don't seem to have the glare I've seen with cheap eBay ones.
I'm not saying the light pattern will be any better, but you can get warm white LEDs. I installed an LED kit in my Subaru Outback and overall they seemed to not be as bright as the incandescents.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife's, sisters 2014 dodge town and country overhead interior lighting is LED and looks great, I was rather disappointed when I saw what the 2018 elite's was..

·
Registered
320 Posts
My wife's, sisters 2014 dodge town and country overhead interior lighting is LED and looks great, I was rather disappointed when I saw what the 2018 elite's was..
I know what you mean...the airplane style console in the ceiling...right. That is a really cool looking aspect of that otherwise old and dated minivan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
2017 Pacifica has all interior LEDs also. They are actually double fixtures, one normal interior setting and one very dim ambient setting. Look really nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did blue leds on my 2011 and loved them.All over my previous supplier to pony up a blue led pkg for the 2018 touring.
has anyone done the led bilb change over and of so can you tell me what model number bulbs are required for each location Ie : T 5,s , etc

·
Registered
273 Posts
I dont remember what kit I got but I remember in our old 2013 Odyssey I swapped everything to LED white. OMG it was so bright. Not sure if I'm wanting to do this again in our 2018. There's something to say about soft yellow interior lighting.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I dont remember what kit I got but I remember in our old 2013 Odyssey I swapped everything to LED white. OMG it was so bright. Not sure if I'm wanting to do this again in our 2018. There's something to say about soft yellow interior lighting.

You have a Supra also??? How cool is that. I have an all original '94 6 speed TT also!

·
Registered
433 Posts
All six, overhead cabin lights use a 194/T10 bulb. I would get the shortest ones you can such as from Phillips where the LEDs are sealed. They're about $12 for two on Amazon. Anything longer than these will prevent you from being able to push the light on individually, like on an airplane.

The sealed versions from Yorkim were too long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed a few LEDs to replace the stock T10 bulbs. Here is what I found:

1) Like you'd expect, puddle lights/map lights in front and rear 2 rows are T10 size
2) Unless you get an especially small LED, it won't fit in back two rows. (I could force cover back on, but switch wouldn't work due to bulb)
3) Tailgate uses same bulb as vanity lights

I don't have the vanity lights yet, so I couldn't tell you how general bulbs from Amazon would fit. Standard LEDs fit in the map positions and puddle lights with no issue.

I may just keep the back row bulbs in. Maybe it would be better to not have 6000k bulbs where a kid might be asleep? I definitely prefer it for the front where you may actually want to see things.

I'll include a few tips to show the difference between stock. And just FYI, if it's your first time installing you don't have to be gentle when removing the covers. And watch out of the old halogens have been on awhile before you pull them out, they get hot.

IMG_2579.jpg IMG_2580.jpg IMG_2582.jpg IMG_2583.jpg IMG_2584.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hold out until VLEDS.com comes out with their 2018 ODY offerings. Handmade in the PAC northwest, cutting edge stuff. I just redid my 2010 Pilot Touring with LED low beams, DRL's and full interior. I also changed the headlight assemblies, and the truck looks new again. I fell in love with my truck all over again.
This VLEDS.com site is where a lot of these customs guys buy theirs. they offer many colors but mostly the 5K and 6K lighting which are the true whites.

And I agree, very disappointing the amount of incandescent bulbs in the new Elite trim considering the price point.
These are going to be a bit more pricey than the Amazon kits, but so very worth the quality.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts