Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all fellow Ody owners! I just picked up my new-to-me 06 Touring with Nav and RES. It has been a LONG time since I have been this happy with the purchase of a minivan! Actually, since my last ody back in 03. We loved our 02 ody, but we had the tranny replaced 3 times in 4 years. Frustrated, we decided to give the Sienna a try and purchased an 06 Sienna XLE in late 2008. The Sienna worked for transportation, but both my wife and I missed the performance and agility that our odyssey had. We moved across the country last month and that gave me the perfect excuse to sell the Sienna. I have been searching for about 3 weeks and finally found a the midnight blue touring that I was holding out for. It's in immaculate condition down to the headphones which were stored in the original bubble wrap bags!

Anyway, sorry for the long intro, I'm looking to replace the interior lamps with LED lights in hopes of brightening up the interior a bit. I'm actually quite surprised at the lack of interior lighting in the odyssey. No wheel well lights or footwell lights along the floor. I do miss that about the Sienna. Has anyone found bright lights and from where? I know in the realm of LED the cheaper ones are usually not as bright. Thanks in advance for your help, I'm looking forward to many more interactions with you all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should clarify, I've done a search through the forums and I am seeing a lot of advertising disguised as reviews, but I'm looking for anyone that is not a seller/dealer and has actually purchased lights and been happy with them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi MTNGoat - congrats on the new Ody. I switched from a Sienna to an Ody very recently too. I had LED's in the Sienna that I got from SuperbrightLED.com. Used them for several years with no problems and pretty bright output. More recently, I purchased an interior dome light kit and several other bulbs from KBCarstuff.com, but having difficulty making them fit in my '12 Ody. Will post a review about that in a couple of days. I think the same kit may work in your Ody.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Six year old thread but my writing below fits in well:

I ordered https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10x...32807105220.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.p2iIoa after intensive search.
10 pack only costs about $8. Didn't quite believe it but my work bench test results between the original and this:

Original bulb: 12V/0.36A, thermal camera reads temperature = 127 degree C after hanging bulb in the air not touching anything for 2 minutes.
This LED bulb: 12V/0.17A, thermal ... = 75 degree C after... ... 2 minutes.

I just replaced seven interior bulbs with this LED bulbs. They are very bright (white color). I am super happy with this $8 light upgrade.

Physically I can tell it is of very high quality. Looks like the heat sink will short to terminals in the bulb housing, but it doesn't. I ohmed it obviously the Al is coated with something.

Now the only thing unknown is how long it will last. Only time can tell. I will order more for my other cars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I replace mine years ago, after my kids left lights on, which drained battery on next Monday twice. Since then I never drained battery due to light left on. The Led back then is not as bright, but matched original OEM light brightness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it a couple years ago. A couple of them "went out" but it turned out to be the switches themselves. I replaced all the bulbs anyway. It is BRIGHT, but they're extremely helpful when looking for stuff. I sometimes use my van to drive for Uber, and passengers both complain and praise the brightness because they end up seeing that they were about to exit without their purse/wallet/phone etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, I bought my 05 EX-L a couple of months ago and bought a 13 or 15 piece LED kit + vanity lights on eBay from SoCal dealer. Lights are VERY bright...you can probably do surgery procedure under these lights. My wife thinks they are too bright but I think they are OK, they make van look MUCH more modern, very nice upgrade. I took some pics for you.
View attachment 126146 View attachment 126154 View attachment 126162 View attachment 126170

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi, I bought my 05 EX-L a couple of months ago and bought a 13 or 15 piece LED kit + vanity lights on eBay from SoCal dealer. Lights are VERY bright...you can probably do surgery procedure under these lights. My wife thinks they are too bright but I think they are OK, they make van look MUCH more modern, very nice upgrade. I took some pics for you.
View attachment 126146 View attachment 126154 View attachment 126162 View attachment 126170
Anyone see pictures? Not showing up today for some reason.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts