Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all the threads I can find but none covered this scenario.

I popped out my moonroof switch to change a dead bulb (I learned about this from here TY all) after I did that ALL my dash LED's went out. The window switches on doors still light up but none of the others. A/C, Radio, Slider door openers, etc. I tried to replace the new bulb with the old one I removed but no help, still out. I did not remove any wires, just in case I checked the switch to make sure it was not loose. It is fine and the switches themselves work fine. I noticed that with headlamps on the Green A/C light flickers now as does the orange recirculate light on A/C panel. Headlamps off no flicker.
All fuses check out, no smell of burning or smoke from a short was witnessed.

Anyone have an answer before I am forced to pay my mechanic (who is fair and honest but wont work for free. LOL) to find the problem. I do not believe it is a case of massive bulb failure all at once. The bulb I changed was out when I bought the van last year and I finally decided to change it. The flickering indicator lights on A/C panel has me worried about a bad connection somewhere, not a bulb problem.

TIA,
David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
maybe you should check for a blown fuse or possibly bad ground?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses are all OK
We are trying to test all we can to find the connection problem. Something is amiss, but what? The search continues on Tuesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
get a fuse tester - I know how hard they are to check FIRST HAND - and I bet you missed one... not that I think you're blind, but there are so many fuses in such a small area at such a tough angle - you know what i mean...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turned out that when I popped out the moonroof switch I disconnected a connection deep inside the dash due to a "too tight" bundle. We had to remove all kinds of trim and look for quite a while before we found it. 1.5 hours labor and $100 later I have all my lights again. I was sooooo careful when removing the switch not to do exactly what I did. We tightened all connections and loosened the overall wires so as to not happen again. I imagine this is the same reason so may here have said they did the old "bang the dashboard with a fist" repair. Loose wires too tightly wound in a bundle lead to disconnects.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top