Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well after all these months of toying with the idea, we finally left a deposit with the dealer yesterday on a TW EX with iVES. He said the order will be placed in 3 weeks for May delivery. So, what next? Does he contact us when it's been ordered or built? When do we get the VIN #! I asked him all of this but you guys seem to know more.

Thanks,
Dana

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Dealer practice varies as to what they'll tell you and when. I had one dealer assure me I'd get status calls on our order - and he NEVER called even once.

If the vehicle is on his allocation now, he should be able to give you an estimated week of assembly.

If the vehicle is not in his allocation and he is custom ordering it, it might take up to a week at the most before he'd know an estimated assembly week.

VINs are not assigned until the van is assembled. The dealer should be able to access the VIN within a day after assembly.

This is what I've learned from quizzing several dealers about the way Honda works. Maybe someone has a better info.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks maugham....all orders for may delivery are going in within the next couple of weeks. He's got a couple ody's coming in about 2 wks. but not the color we want. So I guess, he's special ordering it.

dana

1 - 3 of 3 Posts