Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice this on my left sliding door only and wonder if there is a software problem with the car. FYI, I made sure that the safety locks on both sliding doors are turned off and central locks are also off. Everytime I stopped the engine and try to open the door from outside the first time, it will never work on the driver side but passenger side is fine. However, after I open the door with remote or the button on the dash, then I can start to open the sliding door from outside. This annoys me a lot as I have a habit to get my baby by pulling the sliding door from outside. Since it only works on one side, I wonder if this is a software issue, anyone with 2011 model has the same issue?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn't imagine it's a software issue but rather a sensor issue. When I get the repair manual, I'll be able to help more. However, that may be for a few more weeks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't think it is gas door

If it is gas door, then remote and button on dash should not work too. In my case, only external release using the handle is not working the first time after the car is turned off. Remote and dash button works fine and once the door has been opened by other methods, external handle start working again.
Looks like I am the only one having this issue?

·
Registered
375 Posts
The driver’s side sliding door does not unlock or open
when using the dash switch, the remote button, or the
inside or outside door handles.

The TSB say or the inside or outside door handles. Go to the dealer and have them fix it. Then tell us what it was after you get it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts