Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post a picture of your cool aftermarket wheels & tires! Also, list what size and brands you have.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin' Good!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:

MASItaly Sagitta 16x7 wheels with Michelin Symmetry 235/60-16 tires.
</font>

·
Registered
331 Posts
Chuck - how do you post the picture. I have photos over at Yahoo and want to show them here rather than the link.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Copy the address of the pic, paste it into your message and enclose the address like so:

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 04-20-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
Nice rims, Nemogira. I want them !

Now all you need is the suspension system.

</font>
Thanks hachiroku. I was thinking the same thing - all it needs now is just to be lowered. I can't wait till my H&R springs come in.

-nemogira

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice wheels, Nemogira. The wheels' color seems to match the body color.
Looking at your last picture though, seems like the tires would rub the fender when you lower the car. The outer edges of the tires seem to be right under the fender lips, are they?

-Harry

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hgani:
Nice wheels, Nemogira. The wheels' color seems to match the body color.
Looking at your last picture though, seems like the tires would rub the fender when you lower the car. The outer edges of the tires seem to be right under the fender lips, are they?

-Harry
</font>
Yes the tires DO stick out (a little). I'll try to take a closer pic once the van is down. You see, right now I about to paint the brake components and the van is currently tilted in the air. So, I guess we'll have to see how goes with the H&R's. But I'm not too worried because this setup is identical to my friend's. He's had it on his Ody since 99 and had no problems whatsoever.

-nemogira

P.S. Man, I love the grip! And they're right...wider is better!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The tires will "camber" in normally as you lower the van.... which leads to the next question... Since there is no rear camber adjustment, does this mean we have to custom make a rear upper camber adjustment when lowering the van ? I know of a local 99 Ody owner that had his own springs made, and had to make a custom rear upper camber adjusting arm/bolt to correct excess negative rear camber.

PDM

http://www.pdm-racing.com

ps... Darn H&R still hasn't got the springs yet as of last week...... wonder if they are waiting for enough orders or not ? I'm not installing my 18"s until I get the van lowered.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDM:
The tires will "camber" in normally as you lower the van.... which leads to the next question... Since there is no rear camber adjustment, does this mean we have to custom make a rear upper camber adjustment when lowering the van ? I know of a local 99 Ody owner that had his own springs made, and had to make a custom rear upper camber adjusting arm/bolt to correct excess negative rear camber.

PDM

ps... Darn H&R still hasn't got the springs yet as of last week...... wonder if they are waiting for enough orders or not ? I'm not installing my 18"s until I get the van lowered.
</font>
How much did he lower it by. I know some Acura TL owmers with some H&Rs (with the same drop) and they didn't need a camber kit or new shocks. But then again I'm talking about two different vehicles. Also, the place where I order mine said H&R were still in the process of testing/developing. That was like a week or two ago. Don't know if it's true or not. All I know is I don't have my springs yet.

So what kind of wheels did you get PDM? And what's wrong with putting them on first? At this point I would be just as happy w/o any lower springs.

-nemogira

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a set of ACE Spiders on order...but not sure if I'm gonna get them or not. My pricing is better on some of the Konigs, and I'm debating on which looks better on the van. (I want to lower it first with the bodykit, before I make a decision on the rims.) Either way, I prefer a rim with a lip on it, that resembles the older style RWD offsets, so that it gives a meaner look to the van. I have a set of 245/45/18 Toyo T1S's already, and want to verify which rims work better and provide proper clearance.

I don't think Germany is doing testing
I bet they are just making sure they have enough orders to go ahead with a batch run.
The vans are made in Ontario, and I doubt H&R Germany has any Odyssey's to test on

I'll check again this week with H&R.

PDM

·
1,484 Posts

Those Spiders look pretty sweet. BTW, what kind of konigs are looking at? Tantrums maybe? Also, let me get this straight - you're gonna lower the van AND have tires stick out...on purpose? Aren't you worried about it rubbing? But then again non of us really know how low the H&Rs will actually lower the van. But you made a good point about Germany not being able to test the Odyssey. I totally forgot about that one. Let us know if you here anything from H&R.

-nemogira

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
No...what I meant is having a "lip" on the outer edge of the rim, like the Spiders (which also come in hyper black, like I ordered them). Not a flush rim like a touring car rim or like yours..... I've had Volks and Revo's on several of my 240's, and didn't like to have the spoke stick out as far as the outer edge of the rim, due to curb damage, and rock damage, along with concrete damage IF you accidently dropped the tire when taking them off and rolling them around.
I'll still stick with a 40-45mm offset, but have a rim design that has an outer "lip"

I've found that with an outer edge being the furthest out of the rim/tire combo, you can isolate rim damage to the outer edge, which is repairable easier.

Of the Konigs, I want to see what the Imagine looks like in Black Opal, along with the Rhythm, which is kind of similar to the Spiders.

But the Hyper Black looks cool on a rim, with a polished or outer lip.

Oh, and that local Ody owner that had his own custom springs made up...I think he lowered his over 3-3.5 inches.

PDM

·
Registered
261 Posts

I think the Konig Imagine (above) looks classier and upscale. Just MHO.

I personally like this one below. Enkei RSF2.

By the Way. What are the specs for the wheels????? Like... 18x7.5 5-114.3 45 .... Coz I need to know
1) the BOLT Pattern
2) offset of OEM wheels
3) is it good to stray from the OEM offset?

Oh yeah, before I forgot. May I know how much did you pay for the Ace Spiders, Konig Imagine and Rhythm?? Sorry for asking, but if you feel uncomfy disclosing, thats cool.

------------------
abyez
'99 GG EX

[This message has been edited by abyez (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
PDM,

The reason why I thought you meant you wanted to stick out your tires is because you mentioned you already had some 245/45/18 tires. Those are considerably wider than the stock tires. Also, are you sure about those offsets?

Here's how mine is setup. I have 235/50/18 tires with a 45 offset on the wheels. And from what I could see the tires/wheels sit exactly under the fender. Not in, not out, but right under it. Probably a 48 offset would make it as close to stock as you could get.

Now with your tires and either 40-45 offset your wheels WILL stick out.

Check out: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Input the stock tire size as 215/65/16 and the new tire with your 245/45/18 and you'll see what I mean.

-nemogira

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
84 Posts
True, they are a much wider tire, however as I mentioned before, the natural camber curve of the Odyssey "should" roll the tires into the fenderwells. I've been assured that the 245/34/18 does fit by Commander Cody out of Hawaii, as that's what he has/had on his white van. (not sure if he's upgraded to 19"s or 20"s yet with the new rims he's sporting.)

Worst case scenerio, I'll roll the fender lips of the Ody, to make them work.

I also have the luxury of trying out rims for fitment and clearances before I purchase, so that's why I'm not sure WHAT rims will clear the calipers, and what will sit "tucked" properly. THUS that's why I want the H&R's on the van first...so that I can start doing measurements and calculations and then start trial fitting them.

But yes, chances are it will be a 45mm offset, if not more on the 48mm, (but not sure if anyone offers a 48mm offset in an 18" rim.)

Also it may depend on what rim width too..... be it 7.5" or 8", or 8.5". Offset doesn't mean everything unless you know rim width.

What width did you have on your rims Nemogira ?

spoke to my supplier today, and still nothing from H&R yet. Still same 3 week delivery time I was given 2 months ago.

PDM

·
1,484 Posts
PDM,

So is it 245/34/18 or 245/45/18? And who's Commander Cody? Anyways...I'm glad to hear you're able to test the fit FIRST before any actual purchasing. I just wanna try to give you as much info as I can to help you get the right fit on your Ody. Also, I've seen some (but not many) 18s w/ 48+ offsets. I'll have to get back to you on that though. You're right about the width of the wheel being a factor in the fitting. My wheels are 18x7.5 w/ 45 offset. I too am still waiting for the H&Rs. Tic...Toc...Tic...Toc...

As always keep us posted,
-nemogira

1 - 20 of 42 Posts