Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our rear license plate originally had two foam rubber bumpers under the bottom edge to hold it away from the hatch. These have fallen off in the 4 months that we've owned the van. The tag is now warped and flops around when we close the hatch.

I'm considering getting two inserts like at the top of the tag and installing them for the two bottom holes. This will involve drilling into the hatch.

I did this for my SE-R. I drilled the holes and painted the raw metal with touch up paint.

Any thoughts?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
That was one of the first noises I fixed on mine, but I just added some more foam on the bottom area and bolted my cover and plate together to hold them flat.

It sounds like your idea would be a more positive fix, though.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have never liked the rattle either. However I do not like the additional two holes in the plate. I have the deluxe chrome frame with two holes I really dislike the 4 hole look. In reading the post about the muth mirrors, harry used the vapor seal putty. A little bit of this stuff should work or poster putty like chuck uses. Either material would be removable. Also Dynamat makes a license frame anti rattle kit. It really is only a thick piece of their mat cut in the shape of a frame. I know your 600 watt subwoofer you have installed causes most of your rattles. (just saw the license frame kit at ubid for$11)

[This message has been edited by rollie66 (edited 04-30-2001).]

M

·
0 Posts
I took delivery of my Odyssey EX on April 15, 2001. It wasn't long before I noticed the rattle in the rear license plate especially with the dealers license frame on top.
I noticed the foam blocks under the plate and figured that they would keep the plate from making noise if it was by itself. In order to eliminate the rattle between the license plate and the frame on top, I simply bolted them together with some plastic license plate nuts and bolts available at the local auto parts supply. This quieted down the noise a lot.
My next thought to eliminate the problem altogether was to use double sided foam tape or adhesive velcro strips to hold the bottom of the license plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts