Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I lifted the tailgate hatch on my 2006 lx and water began pouring out of the bottom of the hatch gate. I removed the small center access panel to discover standing water about 1" deep. This was in the tailgate itself not the cargo area of the van. That area was mostly dry (just a little damp)

We had a heavy rain last night but I can't imagine that much.
Anyone else had this problem or have recommendations?

·
Registered
362 Posts
How did you get the water out? Check the drain, weep holes in your lift gate for debris or other blockage. FWIW there are four weep holes on my '07 lift gate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check your rear taillights before you lift up the tailgate next time...that's typically where the water enters into the tailgate section. Bad seals on the light assemblies. You can either silicone them yourself or get new ones. Terrible design since this is a common problem - even in SoCA where it rains 20 days a year...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey and have the same problem with water filling up in my Tailgate Hatch. Did you ever find a solution? I would hate to have to pay for something that I think should be under warranty!

·
Registered
24 Posts
We had the same problem. It was a taillight seal. Pulled it out and applied a layer of silicone around the sealing edges. Problem solved.

I went ahead and did both taillights while I was at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts