Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My liftgate will open with the fob and dash buttons but will not close When I close it manually it will latch but not as tight as it should. I've been told it may be the pinch sensor. Is there a way to test it? Those things are nasty expensive.

·
Registered
13,527 Posts
First, I'd visually inspect them for any signs of damage. The next easiest thing to do is use an enhanced data scan tool to look at the data pids for the pinch sensors. You can also check for codes in the power tailgate control unit as a defective pinch sensor can set a code. After that, since most people don't have an enhanced data scan tool, you'd have to get into the tailgate and do resistance checks on them. The book doesn't give a resistance spec but it should have some resistance since the computer is able to monitor it's circuit so there is an internal resistor in the pinch sensor. When a pinch is detected the resistance goes to 0 ohms. You can also check for power and ground on the pinch sensor harness with a meter (don't use a test light as that circuit doesn't carry any current.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.