Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd I know. But here me out. I race mountain bikes. And, while my current vehicle - a heavily modified FJ Cruiser seems right for my hobbies, it's really not - terrible (!) gas mileage, surprisingly little cargo room and it's pretty cramped for full-size guys in the back seat.

I've had two Ody's - a 2004 and a 2006 and loved them both. But, They're so low to the ground, there's a risk of damage if driven on anything rougher than a maintained FS road.

Don't get me wrong - I have NO plans of "off-roading" the Odyssey. I just want 1-2" of additional suspension and .5-1" additional tire diameter.

Am I nuts? Are there springs available - either aftermarket or repurposed (other factory springs) that would do this? Does anyone make a poly spacer?

Thanks!
-Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello Mark,

You need to contact

http://www.coilsprings.com

I carry a lot of weight in the back of my Ody. I replaced the rear springs with some progressive springs designed to handle the load. Now my van rides a little higher than it did unloaded when it is fully loaded. Handling has improved, as has road clearance.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts