Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,591 Posts
Up at the top right, next to the symbol they use for your username, there are three dots in a vertical row. If you click them one of the options is "advanced search". From there you enter search terms and then you can limit the search to a specific area, like 2011-2017. I did that with the search term led in this area, and got mostly headlamp and tail/back up light threads. I did not look beyond the second page of results, but this thread seems to have a lot:

Just keep in mind a couple of terms lighting designers use. One is color temperature, expressed as a number in kelvin. 2700k is what an incandescent lamps are (existing in these vans) 3000k is halogen, like the stock headlamps and many lights around the house. A fluorescent lamp is usually above 4000k and many cheap leds are in the higher range. The lower the number, the warmer. The higher the number is cooler.
The other term is CRI which is a color rendering index. The higher this number, the the more real colors look. The minimum is 80, 90 better. Very few lamps get to over 95.
I bring this up because, unless you have the gray interior, the very high color temp of the cheaper led replacements are going to look awful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts