Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm asking this on behalf of my mom, who owns an '07 with VCM. The van has about 122K and has been pretty reliable. I don't get to drive this car a whole lot, but I've been home from school for a stretch this summer and I've started to notice a drivetrain shudder. It's most easily replicated around 40-45, low revs, especially going up slight hills.

Best way to describe what it feels like, it feels EXACTLY like the sensation you get when driving over rumble strips, and only happens briefly before smoothing out. I've had a couple RWD Fords with lock-up torque converters that have been known to start shuddering at high miles, apples to oranges I know, but this feels exactly the same. Not particularly pleasant, but I don't think either of my parents notice it - yet.

I've done a little searching and found several threads about the rear engine mount, when that fails would that be causing vibration only when VCM is engaged? Because I don't think that's the case here...

Anyways, do you guys think I'm on the right track here, and is this an issue that can be helped by an ATF drain/refill? As in, maybe the friction modifier in the original ATF is shot? Does the torque converter on these cars even have a drain plug?? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, thanks. I scanned over the TSBs but for some reason missed that one. I'll have to check if the punch indicating the software update is there on the engine VIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts