Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried doing this mod yet?

Our 2000 Acura TL has identical looking switches, but are lighted. I was considering replacing the Odyssey non-lighted switches with some 3.2 switches.

My only question is if there is extra wiring for the light, or if the light gets its switch from the hot side of the circuit (that makes more sense.) If that is the case, then it might be plug-and-play.

If any *happens* to have a Helm manual for a 3.2 TL or any other Honda/Acura car with these switches, could you please see how these are wired?

The only negative is that I would lose the "Vent" wording on the switches for the back windows. I don't see that is a big deal.

Does this even seem like a useful project? The cost might be prohibitive for the benefit.

Greg

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's an interesting one. I have the lighted switch on my Accord (at least the word "auto" is lighted), and It makes it easy to find. But isn't that connected to the light circuit? I'm home today and would go check, but my wife has the car. Does the TL switch light up more that that one word?

[This message has been edited by bobf58 (edited 10-31-2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
That's an interesting one. I have the lighted switch on my Accord (at least the word "auto" is lighted), and It makes it easy to find. But isn't that connected to the light circuit? I'm home today and would go check, but my wife has the car. Does the TL switch light up more that that one word?
</font>
I just checked the TL. The switches are always lit! That pretty much confirms for me that there isn't any additional wiring to light the switches. Now, if I can just get the nerve up to take the door panels on both vehicles apart, I'll see if the switches are plug compatible.

Note: On the TL, the drivers window switch has the word "Auto" lit, and the rest of the window switches just have a small dash that is lit.

Greg

·
Registered
143 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Razorback:
Now, if I can just get the nerve up to take the door panels on both vehicles apart, I'll see if the switches are plug compatible.
Greg
</font>
Greg,
If you need more encouragement-- please count me in. Pleeeeease do it for us!

Sid

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Patm1234:
A question: Does the 2002 (and 2001?) Odyssey come with driver side lighted power window switches?</font>
No, none of the windows switches are lighted. You have to feel for them in the dark, which isn't too hard, but unnecessary.

Greg

·
Registered
354 Posts
Greg,

You're right. I checked my Accord, last night, and the switch is lit anytime the windows have power (when the key is on, and for a few minutes after shutting off, or when you open the door). But on the Accord switch, only the word "AUTO" is lit so the TL switch sounds better.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts