Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know anything about 2012 is pure speculation, but I don't know how dramatic Honda's changes tend to be year to year. Lack of power adjustable pedals is a big deal to us. Anyone have opinions on how likely Honda will add these in for 2012? Do you know if this is something dealers can install? Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I thought it would be an issue for my wife (because she's only 5'1"), but she can reach the pedals just fine without having her seat super-close to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
755 Posts
since you can tilt and telescope the steering wheel now, you might be able to

get away without the adjustable pedals.

·
Banned
728 Posts
No changes for 2012 as this is a brand new model. Might see them in 2014-2015 for the MMC
While I agree that we won't see changes for a few years, I'm betting that we'll see the 6 speed in all models as soon as Honda has their new transmission plant up and running and there is a greater supply of the transmission. There has been great criticism of Honda for not making the 6 speed available across the line.

Of course Honda is selling allot of Tourings. Maybe it is partly because of the transmission, so it may have been a smart move that they will stick to.

Naah, I'm sticking with the original thought - CAFE will drive Honda to be more fuel efficient each year. That means a 6 speed. As to the power pedals, I don't think Honda has that in their lineup do they (including Acura). If that is so, I don't think we'll see it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
since you can tilt and telescope the steering wheel now, you might be able to

get away without the adjustable pedals.
Yes and that would explain why the 3rd gen had it since the telescoping steering wheel didn't come around till at least 07. Also, from 05 to 06, the only change I can remember was that the EXL's got a leather steering wheel and shift knob. It took a few years before there were any major feature changes. I'm not surprised to see it deleted since it looked like Honda was moving away from it. My guess is that it was a liability issue since its use in later model Tourings was restricted to adjusting only when the car was in Park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts