Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, what does the button/switch just above the power door switches on the dash do? Does it deactivate the power doors, and if so what specifically does it do?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by miscreant:
Out of curiosity, what does the button/switch just above the power door switches on the dash do? Does it deactivate the power doors, and if so what specifically does it do?</font>
Yes it deactivates the power doors.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it completely deactivate them (as in no power doors even with the keyfob) and does it make the doors able to be opened manually (ie no resistance from the power mechanism).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Why don't you read the manual or try it yourself, you can get the answer much faster that way. Just trying to help.

IT's not my van so I am not familier with all the buttons but I assume power doors will only work as manual and passenger will not able to use power window.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, no offense, but I don't have access to a manual nor do I have access even to a van. The local lots do not have any in stock that aren't sold already, so I can't go find out for myself.

So, if anyone can answer my question, it would be much appreciated.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by miscreant:
Does it completely deactivate them (as in no power doors even with the keyfob) and does it make the doors able to be opened manually (ie no resistance from the power mechanism).</font>
It prevents the power sent to the doors. Once deactivated - it's complete manual. Can't use the dash buttons and can't use the remotes.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone ever given any thought to the design of the handles for the automatic sliding doors? I mean, it seems like the handles should be more of a push-button design or a lever that is more intuitive to one that is automatic. Both the inside & outside handle are designed for manual use. Not automatic use. I understand cost, emergency use, etc. But still...

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RDU2000:
Has anyone ever given any thought to the design of the handles for the automatic sliding doors? I mean, it seems like the handles should be more of a push-button design or a lever that is more intuitive to one that is automatic. Both the inside & outside handle are designed for manual use. Not automatic use. I understand cost, emergency use, etc. But still...</font>
I agree. Anyone new to the Odyssey will instinctively yanked on the outside sliding door handles as if they were manual. I've even seen some reports of people ripping off their handles completely. I posted a topic a while back about how the outer sliding door handles feel like they are backwards. Normally, minivan sliding door handles pull back towards the van. While the Odysseys function just like the front door handles. Although manually - it feels more natural closing them than opening.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts