Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these mats for a month and been on a 1500+ mile road trip.

I have a 2006 Odyssey EX-L, with grey interior and ordered the grey rubber mats. Color is a great match, see pictures below.

I looked at reviews here and decided on these over the Weathertech Mats based on overall coverage, number of "pieces" and over the Weathertech Liner because I didn't want the lip to step on/trip over.

I checked Llyod's website and ALL (http://www.lloydmats.com/linksRUBBERTITE.htm)the dealers listed on their page for the best price. I found the best deal at CARiD.com (http://www.carid.com/lloyd-rubbertite-floor-mats/), I got the following with free shipping for $139.23:

1 Piece Front Mat (covers driver and passenger side and the area between the front seats)

1 Piece Second Row Mat, T-Shape (covers area between second seats, don't have jump seat installed) WITH Lazy Susan Cut-out (has a flap in the front to allow me to access the small door, not the BIG one)

1 Piece Third Row Mat

Pictures from my iPhone:
Front Driver Side:

Dead Pedal:

Between Front Seats:

Second Row:

Second Row (you can see part of the lazy susan cut-out):

Between Second Seats:

Edge of Third Row:

Color:
I have the grey interior (dark grey, not the olive which I believe is light grey). These mats are the same color as the seat leather and grey trim pieces, it is slightly darker than the carpet. I like it and think it matches well.

Odor:
I bought my Odyssey used and it had a bit of the "someone else's kids funk" going on. Removing the old carpet mats got rid of that smell immediately, YEA. The rubber mats do have an odor themselves, I saw some people were concerned in older posts. I combated the rubber smell by keeping the windows rolled down while in the garage for the first few days. After a week or two the rubber smell was completely gone. Now after a month there is no odor.

Coverage:
Wall to wall, seat to seat. The mats go right up to the seats, and all the way to the walls. The first row one piece mat goes between the seats and butts up to the second row mat. The second row t-shaped mat slightly overlaps the third row mat. The only area not covered is outboard of the second row captains chairs, I haven't had any issue with this, yet.
I opted for the t-shape because my two year olds trip over the seat rails, and I don't use the jump seat. Notice that Llyod Mats also have options for not going between the captain seats, an L-Shape if you have the captain seat slid to the center, and all options can be selected with or without the lazy susan cut-out.

Movement:
The back of the mats are covered with little nubbins that hold the mats in place very well. On the driver's side there is a hole for the mat hook. I have not experienced any movement.

Conclusion:
On my trip I had goldfish, animal crackers, vomit and poop on the floor, all in the name of science, not really. The mats held up fine and made for quick cleanup, especially with the vomit. Overall I am pleased after my month with the mats, and would recommend them. They meet my needs, which is protection from small spills and easy clean up; in my opinion they do both very well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really like those mats! They are also priced exceptionally well for the Odyssey and also for our other car (2004 TSX).

I wonder how well they 'hold' snow/slush/water in without letting it run to the side of the mats and into the carpet near the doorsills. With the winters around here (Ottawa, Ontario), that's my only concern. Most mats used here have a lip or ridge around the edges to prevent runoff onto the carpet.

Any experience with spilled drinks yet? How did the mats trap the liquid?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mindoro said:
Wished the third row covered more of the carpet like how the 2nd row does.
It does. It is just a bad perspective on the picture. I'll try to take a better third row picture.

curls said:
I wonder how well they 'hold' snow/slush/water in without letting it run to the side of the mats and into the carpet near the doorsills. With the winters around here (Ottawa, Ontario), that's my only concern. Most mats used here have a lip or ridge around the edges to prevent runoff onto the carpet.

Any experience with spilled drinks yet? How did the mats trap the liquid?
I live in the south, we get 2" of snow every other year, snow and slush were not my concern.

With that, my opinion is that these will NOT be good at holding large amounts of liquid. The little divots will catch quite a bit of liquid, but there is nothing along the edge to hold it in.

You can look at the Weathertech Liner (LINK). I didn't want these because I didn't need a lip and read some complaints about the lips getting in the way. And the price is quite a bit higher.

curls said:
Did all of the mats come shipped in the same box, or separate boxes?
One box, it was about 8"x8"x48", and pretty heavy. My wife just left it at the door when she signed for it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We received our RubberTite mats today - same exact set as you got. They are wonderful and fit quite well. With the dimples/holes, they should hold lots of liquid with ease.

An outstanding purchase for this van as its used for daycare duties even in the middle of winter. :)

Thanks for the pics and review -- you solidified our decision to go with them, and now that we got them, we agree 100% that these are excellent mats!!

(PS: For those interested, carid.com has a valid discount code: "FORUMS", for 10% off!).

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi,

Your order was processed today so it usually take a couple of days for Lloyd to ship the order as the mats are custom made for your Odyssey.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shadow,

The section of the mat that goes between the two front seats, it is separate piece or is it part of the one piece front? I ask because the drawing doesn't appear to include it.

Its too bad they don't make a small rectangular piece for the second row that you can move around like the oem carpet. You have to choose jump seat, no jump seat or seats together for the second row.

I am not real fond of the third seat down cargo option either. It gets used with the third row mat so its not one piece from the rear door to the back of the second row. Seems an odd thing to do for a company that sees the value of a one piece liner for the front.

My main dislike of the weathertechs is the lack of coverage for between the seats on both the front and second row but I hate to be forced into a configuration for the second row.

I guess what I really want is full rubber floor, element style.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts