Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone puchased the Lo Jack security system for their vehicle?

Can you buy it direct from Lo Jack or does it need to be purchased from your dealer?

What was the cost of the most basic system? Is there any annual or monthly service fees?

Has anyone found it to actually save them money on their insurance?

I want to be prepared with this info since I pretty sure the finance guy will try to convince me into adding this when I sign my paperwork.

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
331 Posts
From Lojack's website, it looks like you can only purchase it through a dealer.

www.lojack.com

You may get an insurance break, but you should ask your agent how much. Another thing to consider is how much of a priority vehicle recovery is to the local police. If it isn't a priority to them, Lojack may not be an effective deterrent.

Good Luck

·
Registered
331 Posts
From Lojack's website, it looks like you can only purchase it through a dealer.

www.lojack.com

You may get an insurance break, but you should ask your agent how much. Another thing to consider is how much of a priority vehicle recovery is to the local police. If it isn't a priority to them, Lojack may not be an effective deterrent.

Good Luck

·
Registered
368 Posts
Lojack is not necessarily supported by all local police departments. When I purchased my last Lojack (1995), it was only available for major metro areas (Los Angeles). Unless your local police utilize the service, it might be a waste of your money to purchase it. Don't know if there is a big market for stolen Odyssey's or not. Don't think that there is. Purchased mine through the dealer. Cost was around $500. There was no monthly fee.

P

·
0 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think our mechanic installs them. He has a LoJack poster up in the waiting area (the advertizin' poster).

We'll probably get it just because our Toyota van was stolen about 7 years ago (got it back without damage), but being so close to the border we have to be careful. And also don't want to get screwed out of our $30k investment!

Michelle

------------------

Phoenix (gone, but not forgotten) & Belle (aka Belzebub)

·
Registered
101 Posts
LoJack does not need to be purchased from the dealer. Better yet, you don't even need to go there to get it put in. LoJack can send someone out to have it put in. Two guys at my work had it put in while they were at the office.
Price should be around $500-$600. Work the deal, and it shouldn't be too difficult to get it in the low end of that estimate.
My insurance does factor LoJack in for a discount.
I got it because I'm near the border (San Diego) and I'm not about to take any chances.
If the finance guy offers it at a reasonable price, I'd see no reason not to get it there.

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1997 GS-R 4-door
1995 NSX-T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts