Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I recently started getting the FCW/Flashing D warning. The AutoZone code reader came back with a P0873 code:
"The Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch C electrical circuit had high voltage for a predetermined amount of time".
Also:
P0873: 4TH PRESSURE SW CIRCUIT HIGH

I am following this video and explanation:

Which is for the 3rd gear switch. However, I'm not sure where the 4th one is to replace the part. All of my searches either turn up the 3rd gear, or results from 2000 Acuras.

If I use this figure as a reference, I'm pretty sure it is one of the parts labeled "6" in the top right, but it could also be the "6" near the bottom. The 3rd gear switch is #5 on the left, second from the top. The other #5s are not this part, I believe.

So, can anyone tell me where to find this switch?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Added all clutch/switch diagrams to the post.
Check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks. I was able to dig up several manuals online that had that figure, as well as a few other helpful ones.

This is what I discovered: the wire to the 4th switch was severed! I was able to solder the wire with a little patch wire, and put some black electrical tape around it. This will give us some time to get to the technician. I drove it, and the jump when switching gears is gone, and the FCW warning is gone.

Thanks for the help! Your videos have been great, and probably saved people thousands of dollars.
Auto part

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Awesome, thanks. I was able to dig up several manuals online that had that figure, as well as a few other helpful ones.

This is what I discovered: the wire to the 4th switch was severed! I was able to solder the wire with a little patch wire, and put some black electrical tape around it. This will give us some time to get to the technician. I drove it, and the jump when switching gears is gone, and the FCW warning is gone.

Thanks for the help! Your videos have been great, and probably saved people thousands of dollars. View attachment 155230
how the heck did that happen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how the heck did that happen?
What I suspect is that is stems from some damage more than a year ago. The van slid off our road halfway into a ditch in front of our house, and we had to have it towed out. A bunch of the undercarriage was repaired. I don't know if this was touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was weakened, and finally snapped 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What I suspect is that is stems from some damage more than a year ago. The van slid off our road halfway into a ditch in front of our house, and we had to have it towed out. A bunch of the undercarriage was repaired. I don't know if this was touched, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was weakened, and finally snapped 2 weeks ago.
possibly... also rodents like to eat wires on the honda's thanks to the eco friendly soy wire insulation.

glad you resolved it quickly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
possibly... also rodents like to eat wires on the honda's thanks to the eco friendly soy wire insulation.

glad you resolved it quickly.
That's a good point. When I took the engine manifold cover off, there were a ton of nuts and other rodent debris I had to clean out. I don't see any other chewing signs though. Who knows.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
That's a good point. When I took the engine manifold cover off, there were a ton of nuts and other rodent debris I had to clean out. I don't see any other chewing signs though. Who knows.
Definitely rodents then...
Honda has a part number to deal with this problem.
RODENT PROOF ELECTRICAL TAPE 4019-2317

Or get some coyote urine granules and put it around your property to keep the rodents away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts