·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nevermind...I found a picture finally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had quite a time getting the cap off the first time. I had to use a 1/2" breaker bar (long handle), and a lot of force. It made a loud snap (I really thought I broke the head off the cap, which would have been a nightmare to fix) when it finally came loose. Hope you have an easier time of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Broke my cap loose several weeks ago. Had to use a 1/2" breaker bar and extensions long enough to reach it. It made a sharp snap, too. Tightened it up, but not nearly as tight as the factory. I can't see why it was so tight to begin with. I just snugged it up and no leaks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Both my oil drain bolt and ATF drain bolts were ridiculously tight as well. I did my first oil change and ATF change this past spring on my '03. All service to this point has been done at the dealership. There is absolutely no way that these things were torqued to the service manual specs. Took a breaker bar and approaching maximum force to get them loose. At one point I began to wonder if perhaps they might be counter-threaded...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts