Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for interest in the 'Electronic Beep' module from KPTechnologies. Once I get an idea of numbers for people that are interested, I can get pricing. I am told by Kevin at KPT that there is a minimum of 10 orders to start discounting and that 20 modules would get a pretty substantial discount. I found KPT through this site and others seem have had good dealings with them. If you were to buy this module on your own, it would cost around $55 shipped. I am not making any guesses as to what the discounted rate would be, just wanted to let you know what the standard cost is.

And in the true sport of getting the best price, if any of you have found a competing product that has worked for you, let us know. I have no ties to this seller and want a product that works correctly and gives you the same final result. Would also prefer to have some kind of warranty (KPT has 1 year).

As far as shipping, this is always the hardest part. If you bought/buy the module solo, shipping runs $10. If we buy these as a group buy, we may save about $3-$4 in shipping cost after the discount. My reasoning is that if the average ship cost to me is $20 for 10 units, I believe the cost USPS with confirmation and insurance would be around $5 so that is a total of ~$7 shipped plus you have to wait for it to be shipped to me and then to get shipped to you. All the save about $3.

Link to KP Technologies web site:
http://www.kptechnologies.com/

Sound of the electronic beep.
http://www.kptechnologies.com/movies/Elecbeepf.wav

Please let me know if you are interested.

I also realize some of you don't want more beeps and noise cluttering up the outside sound waves, so this product may not be for you. I just like having audible confirmation that my Ody is locked while I fiddle with and keep my eyes on the little one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Install help

VFR pilot said:
how hard are these things to hook up?
Here is the link to the install pdf.
http://www.kptechnologies.com/docs/EB20_installation.pdf

Here is 'some' of the information. This is the install if you don't need the parking light flasher since I believe most of us have that standard. If you DO need/want to have your parking lights flash with the beep and it is not standard on your van, you will need an additional relay (standard cost on the site is ~$7 for a SPDT 30A relay).

Electrical connections.
- 1 Red for constant power
- 1 yellow wire for ignition power
- 1 black for ground
- 1 green for door unlock input
- 1 blue for door lock input
- a twisted set wire pair (pos/neg) for the beeper wired through the firewall in to the engine (or wherever you want the beeper located) and the other end connected to the module.

I will run through the service manual tonight to see if I can get location info for the door lock/unlock inputs. I don't know those yet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiring update

VFR pilot said:
how hard are these things to hook up?
Wiring update from Kevin at KPT.

2004 Ody:
Lock Motor: white/red at drivers fuse box (18 pin plug)
Unlock Motor: lt. green/red at drivers fuse box (18 pin plug)

12vdc: white at ignition harness (going to ignition key cylinder)
ground: chassis
ignition: Black/yellow at ignition harness (going to ignition key cylinder)

2006 Ody:
Lock Motor: yellow/black (drivers fuse box – 12 pin plug)
Unlock Motor: yellow/green (drivers fuse box – 12 pin plug)

12vdc: white at ignition harness (going to ignition key cylinder)
ground: chassis
ignition: Black/yellow at ignition harness (going to ignition key cylinder)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thread closed.... for now.. but not deleted in case anyone searches in the future and wants to see the interest/response in the past for a group buy for this type of product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts