Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Touring

Since I have owned the van (approx 2 years) when I put the van in park the doors automatically unlock. When put in gear, the van locks. A few months ago, it no longer does this. I spent 15-20 minutes looking in the owners manual with no luck.

Also, the driver seat would go into the memory position when the door was opened. Now I have to press the button.

Is this some type of programming issue that I can take care of or does it sound like some type of malfunction?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Well, since you have a Touring, you do have programmable locks and also have memory seats. If your battery checks out good, reprogram everything and if you still have trouble, something's wrong.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i read it somewhere that if you press the lock and the unlock

button for a few secs, you'll see the remote blink, and that's

how you make your car recognize the driver. ive tried on our

old 05 touring, and if i still had the car, i would try out for you,

but we no longer have it anymore so yeah haha. hope it works

out for you!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Programming

This is from the 2008 manual - perhaps it'll work - if not, review the 2005 owner's manual. (I don't have a touring, so can't confirm)

Recalling a Memorized Seat Position (Touring models only)

Each remote transmitter activates the driver’s seat position memory system and customized vehicle control settings. When you open the driver’s door after unlocking it with the remote transmitter, the driver’s seat and outside mirrors move to the positions stored in memory. You will hear two beeps when the movement is completed.

You can turn off this system activation with the remote transmitter. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time. The LED in the remote transmitter will blink twice. Then release the buttons, and press the LOCK or UNLOCK button.

The driving position memory activation (Driver 1, Driver 2) is shown on the back of each transmitter.Make sure you store your seat and outside mirror positions in the memory that is activated by the transmitter you normally carry.

To turn the keyless memory settings back on, repeat this procedure. The LED will come on for 1 second to indicate the feature has been turned on.

To program the Drive Lock mode (Locks all doors and tailgate when the vehicle’s speed reaches about 9 mph):

1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park (P) position.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.
3. Push and hold the brake pedal, and move the shift lever out of the Park (P) position.
4. Push and hold the front of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a click. Keep holding the switch until you hear another click (after about 5 seconds).
5. Release the switch and, within 5 seconds, turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY (I) position. Move the shift lever to the Park (P) position.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position.

To program the Park Unlock mode (Unlocks the driver’s door or all doors and tailgate when the shift lever is moved into the Park (P) position):

1. Make sure the shift lever is in the Park (P) position.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, and make sure to close the driver’s door.
3. Push and hold the rear of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door. You will hear a click. Continue to hold down the switch:
a) Until you hear another click (after about 5 seconds) to activate driver’s door unlock feature.
b) Or, until you hear two more clicks (after about 10 seconds) to activate all doors and tailgate unlock feature.
4. Release the switch, and within 5 seconds, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for those directions. Those are what I was looking for in the owners manual but could not find. Will try them out.

Not sure why my van did this though. My battery never went dead. I have not tested it though. Would it be possible if it were low to erase the preferred settings?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never heard the additional "click" after 5 seconds in instruction number 4 and 3a, but whatever I did worked. Still not sure why they turned off in the first place.

Also got the memory seat to go into place when the door is opened. When it was not working, it would still go in place just not automatically, you would have to press the button.

·
Registered
252 Posts
mine always confuses the fobs sometimes im driver 1 sometimes driver 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts