Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take delivery of an EX L Navi inside the next couple weeks. I talked to the dealer's accessory person today; he quotes the following prices installed; fog lights 633, leather steering cover 134, wheel locks 74, 7yr 100k 0 deduct 1360, rails 160, subwoofer 453, door edge 79, spash guard 138, cargo tray 127. Is it me or are these prices insanely high? He's getting full MSRP for the vehicle.

------------------
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
No Ron, it's not you. That guy must be on smack or something. Many of those installs are simple do it yourself tasks. Try HandA-Accessories and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just click the banner at the top of the page.

Good Luck

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Which dealer did you go. Huntington Honda or North Shore Honda it sounds like.

Nardy Honda is discounting the accessories at 20% list plus labor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figure that I need the dealer to do the subwoofer and fog lights. Can I easily do the other things myself?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
No Ron, it's not you. That guy must be on smack or something. Many of those installs are simple do it yourself tasks. Try HandA-Accessories and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just click the banner at the top of the page.

Good Luck

</font>


------------------
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Babylon. Nardy was fairly nasty to us when we came looking to order the EX, so we headed to Babylon. But now I feel like they've turned on us.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1ODY2NV:
Which dealer did you go. Huntington Honda or North Shore Honda it sounds like.

Nardy Honda is discounting the accessories at 20% list plus labor.
</font>


------------------
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rondtroy:
I take delivery of an EX L Navi inside the next couple weeks. I talked to the dealer's accessory person today; he quotes the following prices installed; fog lights 633, leather steering cover 134, wheel locks 74, 7yr 100k 0 deduct 1360, rails 160, subwoofer 453, door edge 79, spash guard 138, cargo tray 127. Is it me or are these prices insanely high? He's getting full MSRP for the vehicle.

</font>
Fog lights 633 - Many have self installed $302.00

Leather steering cover 134 - Do it yourself $46.00

Wheel locks 74 - Self $$?? cheap

7yr 100k 0 deduct 1 - $875.00 on line (see warranties forum)

Rails 160 - Easy install app. $80.00

Subwoofer 453 - A little involved but many have done it. $much less than 453

Door edge 79 - Any auto store. under $20.00

Spash guard 138 - 15 minute self install $58.00

Cargo tray 127 - 3 minutes. Just sets in the cargo area. I think around $79.00

Ron,

Go ahead and check out HandA-Accessories. On many items like the fog lights and sub-woofer you can download the installation instuctions and see if you want to tackle it yourself. Plus if you spend over $250.00 I think they give you the wheel locks for around $10.00. It's worth taking a look. You will save major dollars. Also, if you click on the tech section at the top many members have posted instructions and pictures of a lot of these installations.

Good Luck

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I figure that I need the dealer to do the subwoofer and fog lights. Can I easily do the other things myself?</font>
Might be worth calling the service department to see what they'd charge just to install them. My general recommendation isn't to lie about where you bought them just to omit that part, something along the lines of "I bought the fog lights and subwoofer for my Odyssey I just bought from you but decided I don't want to tackle the install myself, what do you charge for installing those?"

[This message has been edited by TAllen (edited 10-07-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
My local Honda dealer quoted me $1,100 for foglights on my '02 (which he, of course, was not able to find for me)! I got a good laugh out of it, then asked how many foglights they sold. Not many, he replied (gee, wonder why?)
I recommend HandA Accessories highly-great prices and service!
By the way, the same dealer listed on the window sticker $389 for "Diamond Shield I" and $389 for "Diamond Shield II". Basically almost $800 for Scotchguard and wax. BUT, he says, we don't have "dealer mark-up" over MSRP!


------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll do any easy self-do stuff like the rails myself and I will order them on-line. Items that I'm leary of making a mess of I can have a mechanic do; I only want Honda to do the subwoofer and fog lights. I'm quite po'd at them. Question; how do I contact a good source for honda-care? Thanks, Ron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
Fog lights 633 - Many have self installed $302.00

Leather steering cover 134 - Do it yourself $46.00

Wheel locks 74 - Self $$?? cheap

7yr 100k 0 deduct 1 - $875.00 on line (see warranties forum)

Rails 160 - Easy install app. $80.00

Subwoofer 453 - A little involved but many have done it. $much less than 453

Door edge 79 - Any auto store. under $20.00

Spash guard 138 - 15 minute self install $58.00

Cargo tray 127 - 3 minutes. Just sets in the cargo area. I think around $79.00

Ron,

Go ahead and check out HandA-Accessories. On many items like the fog lights and sub-woofer you can download the installation instuctions and see if you want to tackle it yourself. Plus if you spend over $250.00 I think they give you the wheel locks for around $10.00. It's worth taking a look. You will save major dollars. Also, if you click on the tech section at the top many members have posted instructions and pictures of a lot of these installations.

Good Luck

</font>


------------------
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the electrical installations, I want them covered by honda-care so they have to be done before i pick up the van.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TAllen:
Might be worth calling the service department to see what they'd charge just to install them. My general recommendation isn't to lie about where you bought them just to omit that part, something along the lines of "I bought the fog lights and subwoofer for my Odyssey I just bought from you but decided I don't want to tackle the install myself, what do you charge for installing those?"

[This message has been edited by TAllen (edited 10-07-2001).]
</font>


------------------
Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't know there was still an open issue in having a dealer install them. Also, I wanted to have the lights covered by warranty and honda-care, so I have to get it done before i take delivery. Any thoughts?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
Don't buy the foglights until the adapter issue for 02's gets straightened out.</font>


------------------
Ron
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top